Keller, TX ~ August 7th, 2010

Keller, TX ~ August 7th, 2010
The "eight of us" together w/ our NEW babies after our losses...

Living Proof ~ June 13th, 2009 ~ Pittsburgh, PA ~ Beth Moore

Deeper Still ~ June 28th, 2008

Deeper Still ~ June 28th, 2008
The "eight of us" w/ Beth Moore (w/ empty arms)...

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Why are you here?

As if yesterday's comment wasn't enough...

Krissy has left a new comment on your post "In the eyes of a child...Mya, that is...":

I hope you are not taking all of this out on Vinny. He is grieving too and you need to be sensitive to his feelings as well as your own. Lean on him, don't attack!

Posted by Krissy to EVA = life; living one... JANETTE = God is Gracious... at April 22, 2008 12:33 PM


Of all days anonymous found it necessary today...


Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "Are you kidding me?":

and what is wrong with telling her to consider that her husband has feelings too? she is not the only one suffering this loss! Get over it.

Posted by Anonymous to EVA = life; living one... JANETTE = God is Gracious... at April 23, 2008 12:16 PM

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "Are you kidding me?":

I too agree, you act as if YOU are the ONLY one hurting, my gosh open up and see that your whole family is hurting, just because YOU carried her doesn't mean it hurts you more then him. I don't see anything WRONG with what she posted, jeeze girl GET OVER YOURSELF.

Posted by Anonymous to EVA = life; living one... JANETTE = God is Gracious... at April 23, 2008 7:52 PM


My question to everyone who visits this page is...why are you here?

This is a public journal of my life, my daughters life and my journey to meet her and thereafter. No where in the last sentence does it say anything about you. Meaning that I don't need to hear from you. I don't need your feedback.

The comments that are warm, comforting and uplifting have been and are more than welcome but those that come from the devil are not. A person of God would not say such things, to anyone. Especially to someone going through such heartache as I am.

Romans 16:20
The Message
20 Don't be gullible in regard to smooth-talking evil. Stay alert like this, and before you know it the God of peace will come down on Satan with both feet, stomping him into the dirt. Enjoy the best of Jesus!

This is MY blog. Not Vinnie's. Therefore, I share MY thoughts and MY feelings. I know how Vinnie feels. I should know him a little more than anyone of you reading this, shouldn't I?

I have never said anything about not being sensitive to his feelings. Nor have I said anything about me not leaning on him. Actually, we've been leaning on each other this entire time, but I don't have to justify any of that to anyone out there. Where did it come across that I was attacking him or anyone else in any way?

In the post prior to the first comment I simply asked for prayer. Prayer for God to continue carrying us through and to be sure that we are exactly where we are supposed to be. Where did that say that there was a problem? I said it was a difficult night. That could have meant many of things.

Why would anyone assume that I am taking anything out on Vinnie? Why would anyone assume that I have the energy to attack these days? Better yet, why would anyone assume that I even would...ever...attack him or anyone else?

When people comment like this it makes me think that this person knows me...knows us...to think they have such right to say anything of the sort. But then I have to think that someone that knows me, knows us...wouldn't be such a coward and would let themselves be known. Not to mention how you'd think that those who "know" would know how to spell our names...(Vinnie)!

No one knows the situation that I was asking for prayer for (that's why it was mentioned as unforeseen). Again, those out there could only assume that there was an issue between us...it could have been and might still be something that we are both going thru together...not against each other.

I never said that I was the only one hurting (if I did please show me where) but this is a blog about ME and MY feelings. Not really about anyone elses. I know my family's pain - believe you me. I know their feelings. I see my family every day...do you?

Those who have walked this path know...that as a MOTHER we grieve so differently than the fathers. Yes, we carried these children...therefore we have a different, stronger bond between them than the father ever will especially because these babies were here for such a short time and chances are WE as their MOTHER's spent more time w/ them than anyone else. The hurt may be similar but I can honestly say, and Vinnie agrees, that it is not the same. And as a MOTHER - of 3 - I do hurt more over losing Eva than anyone else ever has and ever will and that is completely normal and how it should be, ask around...

I could adjust my blog to weed out all of the crude comments by not allowing anonymous to put in their two cents but I shouldn't have to change my ways for someone on the outside.

Ephesians 4:29
Amplified Bible
29 Let no foul or polluting language, nor evil word nor unwholesome or worthless talk [ever] come out of your mouth, but only such [speech] as is good and beneficial to the spiritual progress of others, as is fitting to the need and the occasion, that it may be a blessing and give grace (God's favor) to those who hear it.

But what I can do is forgive you and PRAY. Pray for the individuals that do not know God as their Personal Saviour. Pray for those who are troubled and struggling...maybe even more than I am right now. Maybe they are here for a reason. Maybe they were brought here by God so that He can be seen through me.

Vinnie re-read this before I posted it. He didn't want me to even bother responding at first but now has given me a high five and said how proud he is of me and held me in his arms w/ an incredible hug. He said that if this was happening 8 years ago when I was pregnant w/ Mya that I would have never approached this situation (anonymous comments) like I have today. And my "big sis" Dawn, had commented the last time this happened w/ the comment regarding my Mom...saying the same thing. Years ago when my relationship w/ God was much less than what it is now...I would not have been sitting here as I am now. I likely would have let the devil get the best of me and attacked the attacker. Nope, not now. I will attack in a different way. A better way. The way that God would want me to...

So from now on, I will be praying for you, anonymous commenter(s)...

AND this will be the last time I acknowledge the coward...

Father, Your Word says unforgiveness will stop my prayers from being answered and give the enemy a place in my life. Your Word also says that if I do not forgive others, neither will You forgive me for the wrong things I have said and done. Right now, in the name of Jesus, I forgive those who have hurt me, cursed me, used me, condemned me or come against me in any way. I forgive them and set my will to forget those things. I ask that You, in Your mercy and compassion, forgive them as well. I thank You, Father, for Your forgiveness and Your mercy, and I praise Your glorious Name.

I have on the Armor of God. I am fully dressed in His protection and stand complete in Him expecting victory over every attack from the devil. As I put His word before Him w/ prayer and thanksgiving, His Words have opportunity to work and perform as He promised!

Psalm 91
The Message
1-13
You who sit down in the High God's presence,
spend the night in Shaddai's shadow,
Say this: "God, you're my refuge.
I trust in you and I'm safe!"
That's right—he rescues you from hidden traps,
shields you from deadly hazards.
His huge outstretched arms protect you— </EM>
under them you're perfectly safe;
his arms fend off all harm.
Fear nothing—not wild wolves in the night,
not flying arrows in the day,
Not disease that prowls through the darkness,
ot disaster that erupts at high noon.
Even though others succumb all around,
drop like flies right and left,
no harm will even graze you.
You'll stand untouched, watch it all from a distance,
watch the wicked turn into corpses.
Yes, because God's your refuge,
the High God your very own home,
Evil can't get close to you,
arm can't get through the door.
He ordered his angels
to guard you wherever you go.
If you stumble, they'll catch you;
their job is to keep you from falling.
You'll walk unharmed among lions and snakes,
and kick young lions and serpents from the path.
14-16
If you'll hold on to me for dear life," says God,
"I'll get you out of any trouble.
'll give you the best of care
if you'll only get to know and trust me.
Call me and I'll answer, be at your side in bad times;
I'll rescue you, then throw you a party.
I'll give you a long life,
give you a long drink of salvation!"

***More to come on how we celebrated Eva's first month in Heaven***

40 comments:

I am Heather...creator of all things crafty! said...

You go GIRL. I am proud of you for standing up for yourself and family. Only YOU guys know what you're going through and NO ONE ELSE can stand in judgement of how you are responding to the tragedy your family is coping with right now. I think Jesus AND EVA are smiling down from heaven. I believe you approached this all in a very loving, christian manner. I know the Devil would want nothing more than to discourage you with comments from people who are insensitive. I pray protection over your hearts and minds as you grieve. Your sister in Christ, Heather Rice

Anonymous said...

Chrissy,
I found your blog about two weeks before Eva was born and I have been following it ever since. I have never seen a single thing that shows that you have anything other the biggest concern for your entire family. But like you said, this is your blog. It's not Vinnie's blog. As for your post the other day, I don't know why it was seen as you saying you were taking things out on him. I don't know you and I won't pretend to know you, but I'm sure the two of you are leaning on one another more than ever at this time in your life. It is so unfair that you have to deal with this. You've put yourself, your baby, and your family out into the world so people can see what an amazing journey you have been on and people take advantage of you expressing your feelings. I'm praying for you and for the people who feel like they need to say anything other than positive things. Thank you for being a light in this dark time. Thank you for sharing with us. God bless you!
Praying in Alabama

Anonymous said...

Chrissy, I just want you to know WE ARE LIFTING YOU UP BEFORE THE THRONE OF GOD. THE VERSE THAT CAME TO ME AS I READ THIS POST WAS "THE NAME OF THE LORD IS A STRONG TOWER THE RIGHTEOUS RUN INTO IT AND THEY ARE SAFE" (in psalms not sure of the exact address sorry)
Unless a person has walked in your shoes they are ignorant to what you and Vinnie go through on a daily basis and their words should carry no weight. BUT WE ARE HUMAN AND THEY DO HURT. I PRAY THAT THE HOLY SPIRIT WILL DEAL WITH THESE IGNORANT ANONYMOUS COMENTATORS. ANY WISE PERSON WOULD KNOW THAT YOU & VINNIE ARE ONE! AND YOU WALK THIS PATH TOGETHER. LIKE YOU SAID YOU KNOW HIM BETTER THAN ANYONE. HE IS YOUR PARTNER YOU ARE ONE JUST REMEMBER VENGANCE IS MINE SAYETH THE LORD LET HIM DEAL WITH THESE PEOPLE WHO DARE SAY SUCH THINGS THAT THEY PROBABLY KNOW NOTHING ABOUT.
WE LOVE YOU AND ARE RRAYING FOR YOU!!
all our love The Douglas'Elijah's family

Michelle said...

Coming just to check in on you and how you were doing today. You have taken the high road and the light of Jesus is shining through you. I am praying for you. Your children are all beautiful.

Michelle

Bobbie said...

Chrissy, I just wanted to let you know that I am praying for you. And I am praying for the person that felt the need to be so cruel to you. I posted a blog about you I hope that you aren't upset by it. I'll give you the link. I just asked for extra prayer and got slightly long winded as I tend to do. But, I just wanted to let you know that I am praying for you.

here is the link:

http://siscaboo.wordpress.com/


I really hope you don't mind. You are awesome and you are handling this gracefully and with the hand of God to lead you.

boltefamily said...

Praying for you Chrissy and I will also be praying for these people who feel the need to comment in such a way. I had a similar situation on my blog last week. You are doing the right thing. Address it...move on and remember this is your blog. You are being used by God and there will surely be attacks where God is evident. Consider it a compliment my dear friend...you are shining the light of Jesus!

Love ya,

Kristy

Anonymous said...

Hi Chrissy,

What a great approach and response to ignorance. There's a world of people out there who like to express opinions, however inappropriate or ill informed. I'm willing to put the house on a bet that none of them are mothers who have lost a baby. When you join this group and walk through such a deep loss, I think you emerge less judgemental of people's pain. Who would have thought that I could have ever hurt so badly and how can I begin judge others along their journey of grief?

I think it's great that you have shared your journey. You, Vinnie, Mya, Dominic and especially your angel Eva have touched and taught many. I'm sure it's also part of your own path to healing. You are stronger and better for it.

As for the dum dums who need to be critical, you might want to use the power of "pray and delete" going forward... "I pray for your soul and I delete your stupid comment!!!!" Just a thought.

Hugs to you,
Christena

The Mom said...

Very well said!

Melissa Green said...

Excellent response!! It is your grief not anyone else's to judge. From reading your blog I have come to care about you and your family and I hurt for you. I cannot imaging losing a child.....Stay stong in your faith and I agree, pray for those who try to hurt you....they certainly do not trust in the Lord. God Bless you and your family.....Blessings from Georgia

Casey said...

Praying for you in SC!

Gram said...

hmm, this from this mornings devotional on how to get along with difficult people. but i don't have to tell you - you are already praying for krissy. typically, women emote - their emotions and feelings are all over the place and very OUT THERE. men tend to keep their emotions more in check. blogs can help in getting all your feelings out so your physical body doesn't fall apart. my daughter is doing the same and her husband is as supportive as vinnie. you are doing great. because christ is in your life, your marriage will even be stronger through this. love, j

1. Realize you can’t please everybody. Even God can’t do that! Refuse to play games (Matthew 22:18).

2. Learn to say no to unrealistic expectations. Confront them by “telling the truth in love.”

3.NEVER retaliate (Matthew 5:38-39). It only lowers you to their level.

4.Pray for them (Matthew 5:44). It will help both of you. Let God speak to them.

Laurie in Ca. said...

Well said Chrissy and well handled. I am so proud of you for following the Lord's guidance here. I read somewhere a long time ago that unforgiveness is like taking poison and hoping the other person dies. It does hold us back from hearing the Lord whisper in our hearts. You are doing the right thing and He is honoring you. I come here daily to try and encourage you and learn for myself at the same time. I want to know how to support you girls in this hardest time of your lives. You show me how by sharing your heart. It makes me sad that I am learning at the expense of others grief, but I do not want to be one who turns away for lack of understanding. You and Eva are teaching me how to be a friend in grief and in joy. My prayers continue here as I see the Lord giving you new strength for each day in this journey. I am walking beside you girl and I love you.

Love and Hugs, Laurie in Ca.

Lisa in NC said...

Good job! There is only one that we need to please, and that is our Father. Don't worry about others. God knows you, your heart, and your situation. Others can only speculate. Please continue to share your story. You are witnessing to thousands. I love you! (And after months of following you and the other moms, and occasionally commenting as anonymous but always using my name in the text, I've finally signed up for an account so that you wouldn't have to see another "anonymous" comment on your e-mail from me! Hope today is a good day for you! Praying everyday....

Jen in Al said...

I am so sorry that people are doing this! i have never gotten any of the impressions the anonymous commentors have referred to! Nothing like that! thank you for being willing to share your heart with us here in blogland. i know it is touching more hearts for Jesus than you know! continuing to pray, jen in al

Betsy McK said...

A rude commenter should not be something that you should deal with, while you are grieving. I give you props for remaining strong in your faith and for knowing where your strength comes from. You definitely are a shining light of Christ and can only assume someone that would continue to attack you, obviously has nothing better to do with their life. Perhaps after today’s post, you have opened their eyes to our God who loves them as well and desires a relationship with them too. Maybe they will intern ask for God in their life and ask for forgiveness for all the meal cruel attacks they have made here. Continuing to pray for peace for you today and the days ahead.

Jenna said...

Dont let them get to you, they dont know what they are talking abaout and they cant even spell!!!(your???)
Thanks for sharing your blog with us, you are an amazing woman, I cant to begin to know what you all are going through
Jenna

Anonymous said...

Chrissy,
I have been following your blog for awhile and my heart and prayers go out to you and your family. I can not believe the people who could be so cruel as to comment on your blog in such a hurtful and hateful way. Why can't they just keep it to themselves? Better yet, they should just stop reading your blog! No one knows how you are feeling except you and no one has a right to attack you (especially those that don't know you). I am a mother as well and I couldn't begin to imagine the pain and grief that I would be feeling if I were in your situation. You just continue to write about it and celebrate Eva's life with your family. She is and forever will be a part of you and no amount of hurtful comments can take that away from you. Know that there are people out here that do not know you but pray for you and your family. God is with you always.

As to the "anonymous" commentors, whatever happened to the old saying..."If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all"?
-Staci in SC

Kelly said...

Chrissy,
I have been following your journey for some time. I feel you have such amazing strength. I am a new NICU mom to Sarah (born 13 weeks too early), and I just want you to know that your blog has helped me stay strong during the difficult times. I can not believe people could be so rude. Thanks for sharing your amazing journey.
Thining of you and your family and little eva, Kelly from PGH

Anonymous said...

Chrissy,
I really do find it hard to believe that there are people out there that are so insensitive & pardon me for saying it, STUPID. It really makes me furious to see people attack a person for the way they are grieving for THEIR child. As a mother I can not fathom what you and all the Trisomy mommies have gone through in this journey. I hope that you can see that these "people" really are just an instrument that satan is using to kill the joy that you as a christian can have in knowing that one day you will get to see sweet Eva again. No, it's not the same as having her here with you but at least you can have a hope for the future & you can know that as a loving mommy you chose to give her the opportunity to live for the time that God ordained. I love reading your story & I will continue to read & pray for all of you.
Love,
Emily

Alicia said...

Chrissy,

You are such an inspiration! Keep up the good work, girl!!! Your life is such a sweet testimony of God's love and faithfulness. Thank you!

Thank you for being so open. Thank you for sharing your journey. I pray that I am never a hurt or hindrance to you, but that I encourage you and lift you up.

Love you!
Alicia

Jenny said...

There is a way to track and see the IP address where the comments are coming from (she's not really annonymous). Perhaps you could do that and then block the IP address... thus eliminating the comments all together.

Best Wishes Always!

-Jenny

Beth said...

Hold your head up. You are strong and have many people praying for you. Nobody else can understand what you are going through or even begin to feel your pain...don't let some no name tell you otherwise. Praying for you!

Anonymous said...

want to talk about spelling? it's "savior" dum dum.

Anonymous said...

Chrissy,

Once again, you have showed your strength and resilence (spelling on that may be wrong..). Anyhow, you have rose above the ignorance and the injustice of a rude person (or people). You are truely remarkable. I continue to pray for your family. God bless.

Mandy Rose

Anonymous said...

so sorry you hae to go through all this when you are already hurting.....but what a great way to respond....i will keep praying for you guys.

~moriah Freeman

Alice Fraggle said...

I have been following your journey recently but haven't commented. I am so sorry to see that on top of all that you have been through with Eva people feel they need to add hurt to your life by being cruel.
I agree that you shouldn't have to change your blog to remove them from the situation, but maybe, for your own sanity, it's worth it. That is just my two cents of course.
I am keeping you and your family in my thoughts. Continue to be strong, the meanies aren't worth it.

Anonymous said...

whoever said...
want to talk about spelling? it's "savior" dum dum.

April 24, 2008 11:43 AM

Why do people continue to say hurtful things to Chrissy? I echo her in saying "What are you doing here?" If you're not here to see what God is doing in her life and in her family's lives, why are you here? Why does spelling matter (and, by the way, savior and saviour are both correct spellings)? Does bringing people down make you feel better? I'm praying for you in Alabama Chrissy.

Anonymous said...

i am so sorry you have to see the hateful comments people leave. you are doing a wonderful job, and don't let those people bring you down. you are a fantastic mother and you have every right to grieve in your own way. i am praying for you and your family as well as those leaving hateful comments. loving you and your family from tennessee.
nicole

Anonymous said...

Chrissy,
I have been following "lurking" since before Eva was born and praying for all of you. I don't comment much on the blogs I follow because I never have the right words of comment. I just started my journey with God again after many years of being away so I can't readily quote a Bible verse to send you comfort. I have lost a child and can understand what the pain is like.

I had to comment after reading the comments by anonymous. How dare anyone comment negatively about anything you are doing. I can see from the pictures on your April 22nd post, how you are dealing with this on your own. How can you exclude your wonderful hubby from the grieving process? So who is the man with you at the cemetary? To anonymous-I guess that would be Vinnie. He looks like he is being excluded from the whole process. As far as Chrissy not talking about his grieving process on her blog, maybe he does not want to be spoken about. I don't know much more about Chrissy and Vinnie than I do on this blog, but I can bet she ends her nights wrapped in Vinnie's arms sharing her pain and tears.

Chrissy, Be strong, you are a wonderful person, mother and wife. The true colors of your marriage shine through in the pictures you post. Please know that you are all being prayed for daily as you travel this road.

Debbie
Las Vegas

Suzanne said...

Hi. You don't know me, but I've been following your blog. The people making the rude and insensitive comments are way out of line. You have said absolutely nothing wrong, and you have the right to grieve however you need to. Please ignore those clods. I will never understand their need to post those types of comments.
Prayers for you and your family.
Suzanne

Anonymous said...

Anonymous - PATHETIC??? Are you kidding me??? She just HAD HER BABY DIE!!!! And you come here to attack her? You must be an awful, lonely, cunfused person to attack a mother who just had to bury her baby.
If it were me, there is no way I could find it in my heart to pray you, but Chrissy has! She is such a bigger and better person.(than us both.)
HAVE SOME RESPECT, and hold your negative comments in or better yet....QUIT READING THIS BLOG.

PJ

Magoon Family said...

What the heck is wrong with people??? That just makes me mad! I think there are just some people who just like to stir up trouble because they have nothing better to do then try and fill the void in their own lives. This "pathetic" comment is out of control and the poster knows it!! He/she needs to move on and get a life!!!!!

tshaw said...

I think the best thing to do is ignore ignorance! God bless you and your family Chrissy.

Pauline said...

Way to go GIRL. I am proud of you for standing up for yourself and family. Only YOU guys know what you're going through and NO ONE ELSE can stand in judgement of how you are responding to what is happening and no 2 situations are the same and you said it girl it is YOUR thoughts and YOUR feelings and YOUR blog! Not your husbands!
I have been reading your story for quite sometime and think you are a strong woman ...
Keep trying to smile
Pauline

Story of our Life said...

((((I am SOOOO very sorry)))) Please know that you and your family are in our prayers.

The internet is wonderful. The internet is evil. Those who are evil and let the devil take over them do not deserve to be a part of your family. They do not deserve to be acknowledged in the way that you have to them. I commend you. It takes a great deal of strength to respond back when under attack.

You shouldn' thave to monitor your blog. However, if I were in your shoes...to protect my own heart...I would blog anonymous commenters. It just isn't worth it..at least to my heart.

Hang in there deary!!! You are stronger than what you think!! I've seen it shine the last few weeks. (I'm rather new to your blog and but I've followed since your sweetie was born and a few weeks before.).

:) HUGS!!! ~~GALA~~~

Anonymous said...

You're eloquent as usual, and are handling this with gentle grace. Praying for you...

N. Palhinha

Chelle' said...

Chrissy- I'd been following this situation over the last few posts. People are ignorant. They have no idea of the pain you're enduring.

Even those of us with the best intentions of supporting and caring for you and Vinnie throughout these weeks and months haven't any idea of the pain you're feeling.

My prayers remain with you Chrissy. And you have my number- if and when you want the company of a new friend- just call.

As for your anonymous poster... those comments say far more about them than they do you- and they will be held accountable for their lack of compassion, lack of ability to share His love and... downright meanness.

If this becomes more difficult I suggest you do a sweep of all anonymous comments. Alter your posting options to disallow "anonymous" comments. Those of us that want to post to you will register. (Or you can do as the one person mentioned- though it takes a bit more work- seek out the ISP and create a blocking cookie against it)

I just want you to be encouraged and supported Chrissy. Know that my, and many others, prayers are with you.

Love, CHelle'

Anonymous said...

I'm shocked that someone can be so cruel. You and your family continue to be in our prayers.

The Tilson's
Rob & Betty Ann

Lizze said...

Why am I here? Well...

I found your blog about half way through your third trimester. I've been faithfully reading ever since. I read because your story gives me hope. I read because I've grown to care about you and your family. I read because I care.

Lately I've had a few run-in's with my own "Anonymous". I have learned that while those comments hurt me, I shouldn't allow them to get to me. With everything we have going on at the moment, truly the last thing either one of us needs is to be cut down by those who do not know us. I know it's easier said than done...but try not to let them get to you. Keep moving forward in your own journey. They'll keep moving in theirs. And perhaps someday they will understand how hurtful their comments really were.

(Oh and to a previous commenter, I've noticed that "If you don't have anything nice to say..." doesn't seem to apply when posting comments on blogs. Some feel that because they can, they should. It's sad.)

I'm still thinking of you and praying for you and your family often. *hugs*

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry that someone has so little going for them in their lives that they feel the need to attack a family who has just lost a baby. I applaud your response and I know it is just the enemy using that tool (in England a tool is not a nice thing to be called lol!) to try to hurt you.

If you would like, as you may have guessed, I live in the UK and am related to someone who works for MI5. If you contact me I can absolutely locate them, despite the new laws prohibiting you from getting all their details from their IP address. They have done so for me and I was able to press charges against the person for harassment.

I have sent you a private email so you will be able to respond. I would go so far as to say to the anonymous poster that they should either apologise or expect legal action. I will leave it up to you, however.

At any rate, they should know that it is so easy still to locate people online. It is good it is my uncle and not me working for the government. I'd be chasing down everyone that I didn't like lol!

Check your email and know we are praying for you and your family!