Keller, TX ~ August 7th, 2010

Keller, TX ~ August 7th, 2010
The "eight of us" together w/ our NEW babies after our losses...

Living Proof ~ June 13th, 2009 ~ Pittsburgh, PA ~ Beth Moore

Deeper Still ~ June 28th, 2008

Deeper Still ~ June 28th, 2008
The "eight of us" w/ Beth Moore (w/ empty arms)...

Monday, April 7, 2008

She would have been 3 weeks today...

Today was another "good" day. Three in a row, not too bad. Yesterday, yes I did cry...and more than just once, but it still was a good day.

Just a few pictures I wanna share from today...

My daughters...
(Mya took this herself, can ya tell?) After I was finished taking a few pics at the cemetery, as I do every day, Mya asked if she could take some too. I said okay and I walked back to the van to wait for her. Vinnie was unstuffing envelopes, don't ask, so I helped count and waited for Mya as she walked from Eva to grandma Janet and then back to Eva all the while taking pictures. She musta tried at least 3 times or so to get this one because I looked up to see what she was doing and after a few "tries" she gave Vinnie and I the "thumbs up". She had gotten a good one!
Too cute. Sad, but cute! She loves her baby sister...


This was the sky today while at the cemetery. Don't know bout you but I see an E, a V and an A...All sort over lapping? Kinda neat if ya ask me...(the right side of the V is faint)






And this would be our new bedding. We've had it since Thanksgiving but wanted to wait until Eva was born to switch, not sure why. So w/ hopes that we were home w/ Eva, that week she was born, I told Vinnie that I wanted them to be freshly washed (I hate stiff new sheets) and put on the day I was coming home from the hospital.
Obviously, this didn't happen. Little did we know that Vinnie would remain at the hospital that entire week w/ me. Thanking God that he was able to stick it out sleeping on the "wanna be" pull out couch, eating cafeteria food all week and going outside to smoke in the frigid weather having to walk so far to get out during the after visiting hours...then again, who am I kidding...I AM the one that gave birth, via c-section at that, had milk coming in and was massively engorged and longed to hold my baby girl more than machines would allow...

Anyways, I washed the bedding today and we assembled the bed tonight...nothing like nice new clean sheets! And I washed them in Dreft too. It's okay if I wanna smell that baby smell even though she is not physically here...

And the teddy bear, the big brown one...It'll have its own post soon! ;)

The smaller dog was bought for me by Mya (w/ the help of pappy Jim) from the gift shop that week when Eva was born...

And the tiny angel bear was the one in the bassinet w/ Eva at the hospital in the NICU that says Miracles Happen.

So true, so true...they sure do!

*****Can you tell which side of the bed is mine?*****

13 comments:

Laurie in Ca. said...

New clean sheets, oh yeah, they are the best!! And washed in Dreft, well nothing better than that fresh baby smell. Keep Eva tucked close in your heart. She is only a heartbeat and sweet memory away Chrissy. I love you and am praying you through, one step at a time, one day at a time. Mya did a great job of picture taking and I do see Eva in the sky. How special is that??? Sleep tight tonight and sweet dreams my friend.

Love and Hugs, Laurie in Ca.

Alicia said...

I love your collage of pictures at the top...and the new pictures for today. Mya did a good job taking the picture. How precious! I can see "Eva" in the sky pictures...that is awesome!! God is soo good!

Hope you had a great night's rest! Praying for another good day!

Love ya!
Alicia

Anonymous said...

My goodness, I think this is more than a coincidence: that tiny angel bear you have is the exact same one that one of the maternity nurses at the hospital gave me for Morgan. I kept it in his bassinet at the NICU. Wow!

Holly McCormick
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/morganmccormick

KrazyMom said...

Isn't it great when God sends us such reassuring signs? I can absolutely see Eva in the sky!!

Thinking of you daily!
Kelly in MI

Anonymous said...

I too saw the EVA.....just a little glimpse that she's watching her momma. love the teddy bear.

moriah from PA

Pauline said...

Clean sheets are the best. I have to share that after my boyfriend soon to be hubby son passed we found ourselves watching the sky alot on the way home from Albq NM to Cali ... i have some of the best pictures of where the sky just seems to open .. they are my favorite pictures of that time.
Thanks for continuing to share your journey.
Pauline

Kim (marygracesummons.blogspot.com) said...

thinking of and praying for you today. I am glad you are having good days, tears are healing so that's A okay.
With love
Kim

Anonymous said...

Clean sheet day is my favorite too! One of my favorite blogs is faithfulfroggers. It is from a triplet mom who lost one of the boys due to a rare form of cancer. They always associate a cardinal with Jacob. Good days are such a blessing. Morning by morning new mercies I see. Don't need to worry about saving any because they are new everyday. Still praying - trust His heart.
Becky

Anxious AF said...

That is really amazing to see that in the sky!
Much love and prayers still headed your way

Bobbi said...

I am still praying for your family!!!!

Anonymous said...

God is so awesome... I loved seeing the pictures Mya with her sister... and Eva looking down from the clouds above... How precious is that...

Many blessings to come... Allow those tears to come whenever you feel the need... Greif turned inwards turns to depression... Don't let that happen... You have many more gifts to come...

Love ya sis,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

What a dear girl Mya is! She's too cute!
I love the EVA in the sky, isn't that just what you needed to see?!
Also, don't you just love climbing into those nice clean crisp sheets?! Good for you, you need some little pick-me-ups right now, and you should keep doing that! Take care of yourself, and know that you have lots of us praying for you out here daily!!

La Familia Garcia said...

The sky is amazing! a beautiful