Keller, TX ~ August 7th, 2010

Keller, TX ~ August 7th, 2010
The "eight of us" together w/ our NEW babies after our losses...

Living Proof ~ June 13th, 2009 ~ Pittsburgh, PA ~ Beth Moore

Deeper Still ~ June 28th, 2008

Deeper Still ~ June 28th, 2008
The "eight of us" w/ Beth Moore (w/ empty arms)...

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Three weeks and counting...

Three weeks ago at this very moment that her heart beat its last beat...Oh, how I'd give everything in me to feel her against my chest one more time... How do I love this baby girl so much when it was such a short amount of time spent w/ her? Oh the things i wish I would have done in that time span...but I can't help but think how perfect every moment w/ her was spent.

We miss Eva more than anyone could ever imagine and we love her just as much. But we are doing pretty good. We talk about her w/ everyone, and I mean others out there in the world, family and friends...as well as perfect strangers. Her legacy lives on! It will never die. I won't let it!

We had a great day. Soccer for Mya...Football for Dominic. Cemetery w/ my mom...Dinner w/ family and friends...then a late night spent w/ those same family and friends...and yes, we just got home. We had a great day. I love those people. The ones that mean the most...the ones that truly care...and the ones that I couldn't live w/out. I don't just say this cause I know their reading (tee hee)...I say this because it's true. The ones that allow me to talk freely about my baby girl who is still and always will be a part of our family. The ones that listen, even when it's hard to hear. The ones that will talk about her too...cry w/ me if I want to cry, laugh w/ me if I want to laugh and eat w/ me if I just wanna eat! I love you guys!

Don't get me wrong the empty arms still hurt. So many things during each day make me think of Eva...and tears are still shed but I am doing very well. God has truly blessed me more than words could describe and I am thankful. God knew the desires of my heart and knew exactly what I needed and gave me above and beyond. I know this. And God still knows the desires of my heart and I know that in time, in His time, all will be fulfilled. Thank you Jesus. Thank you Jesus for giving Eva to me.

Praying for the strength to make it today, through each and everyday as I have thus far. Praying!

11 comments:

Alicia said...

Chrissy,

Yes, her legacy will live on....She is and always will be a part of you!

Praying for continued strength....

Love ya!

Alicia

Becky said...

You knew Eva more intimately than anyone as she was under your heart for those months. I was thinking about her being woven in your womb and now she is with that Master Weaver. I am glad you are getting out - I am sure that is an important part of healing. Also glad you are talking about Eva. I think that must make your friends more comfortable talking about her as well and how important that is!
Still praying.

Laurie in Ca. said...

Chrissy,

Eva will live on in my heart as I pray for you daily. I know you miss her like crazy, and it hurts so deep, but know that the time you spent with her can never be taken away and she lives in your heart. I would be one of the girls who eats, talks, cries, laughs and just sit in silence together if I lived close enough to you. Please know I do all these things with you in my heart and I love you big time. I am so thankful for Eva and for her being your daughter. I pray for new strength to be yours each new day. And I am especially thankful for all that He has given you above and beyond all that you asked. He loves you sweetie.

Laurie in Ca.

Emily said...

So thankful to hear that peace that surpasses all understanding in your voice. Still praying you through....

Unknown said...

it sounds like you feel the way i do. i'm feeling bad when i'm not feeling about about him being gone. it's like - i can enjoy things - and then i feel "guilty" because i was happy about something. and logic tells me i'm being silly. but the mom in me wants to miss him - because that the closest i can be to him anymore.
hope you're doing ok.

Anonymous said...

Chrissy, still praying for you... I know that God will give you the strength you need... And thanking God for the loved ones who give you the strength to go one...

Love,
Dawn

Bobbi said...

Chrissy, I am still praying for you & your family. Eva's legacy will live on!!! It is great that you were able to have some time to spend with your family & friends.

Jared, Kristin, Deanna, Avery, and Adam Edwards said...

We are praying for you. We have been continually praying for you during this process. Sorry we have not been commenting much. In our grieving process, we are beginning to look up and out from looking down. The Lord is faithful and good.

Yours in Christ,
Jared and Kristin Edwards

Rachel said...

Just wanted to let you know that I am still checking and still praying for you as your heart begins to heal may you continue to cherish every precious memory of your wonderful time with sweet Eva.
Praying in PA
Rachel

Laurie in Ca. said...

Dropping in tonight to let you know I love you and am praying for you Chrissy. I think about Eva every day and it makes my heart smile. Asking God to continue giving you strength for each new day and gentle kisses to your broken heart as He helps it mend.

Love, Laurie in Ca.

Sonja said...

Chrissy,

Prayers are still coming your way. Hope you are doing well in your physical healing as well as spiritual and emotional healing. God is GREAT! He can heal anything, keep looking up and He will provide the right medicine.

God Bless you and your family.

Sonja