Keller, TX ~ August 7th, 2010

Keller, TX ~ August 7th, 2010
The "eight of us" together w/ our NEW babies after our losses...

Living Proof ~ June 13th, 2009 ~ Pittsburgh, PA ~ Beth Moore

Deeper Still ~ June 28th, 2008

Deeper Still ~ June 28th, 2008
The "eight of us" w/ Beth Moore (w/ empty arms)...

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Another Eva Update...

Well, here we are! Day 3 has just completed and we approach the beginning of day 4. Praising God that she is still here w/ us. I have been asking God to give us more time as well as specifics and we are being blessed w/ both.

The specifics today were for Eva to have an easy insertion of a new central line and an easy transition from the vent to c-pap to cannula. All were answered prayers.

We had Eva dedicated by our pastor and could feel God's presence in all that we faced throughout the entire day.

Our reason for these transitions was because we were trying to leave the hospital to go into the transitional care home in our area for hospice type care, before attempting to make it home. The TIC home will not take a patient on a vent nor c-pap because they do not have the equipment to support such. So we had to attempt to get Eva weaned from the vent to the c-pap to a high pressure cannula as our wishes were to be out of the hospital setting hopefully before Easter. We were unsure how she would do w/ these transitions and were not in a hurry to get where we wanted her but did want our preferred doctor to be here with us.

Originally we were told that we could get to the TIC today if Eva did well enough to be transported. Then, we find out that they want patients to be off of vents for 2 days before the switch! This was a surprise. They then said that they would take her tomorrow morning (Friday) instead of waiting an entire two days. So again, we were given more time and never felt rushed. But we did want to get Eva to the cannula today and not wait until morning in case TIC wanted to again lay down any unforeseen rules.

Eva went from the vent to the c-pap to the cannula very smoothly. And all w/in a few hours w/ our neonatologist present the entire time (who gave me her cell # before she left). Eva is still doing pretty well on the cannula and it is now 12:30am. Mya was able to hold her again and Dominic was able to get as close as he wanted. So nice to see her w/ less on and in her, to enjoy seeing her precious little face.

I sat and talked to her, sang to her and prayed with her for a long time tonight. I was able to discuss the possibility of her going to heaven very soon w/ both kids and explained to them the ticket on how to get there to see her again. Both are saved and had asked the Lord to be their Savior at separate times. Times that I wasn't even aware of until well after the fact but oh how thankful I am that they took that step and on their own at that! I also made them well aware of who is in Heaven waiting for Eva...from Vinnie's Mom to the many many others, so many to list (listing anyways...Molly, Eliot , Claire , Isaac, Madeline , Miller Grace, Copeland , Jonathan, Poppy Joy , Isabella , Tristan , Mary Grace , Maddox , Asher , Joshua ). Both Dominic and Mya of course cried which makes me weak but both understood what I was saying. And both left here tonight w/ specifics that they wanted to pray for.

(Saturday the 22nd marks 18 years since Vinnie's Mom passed. Eva's middle name is Janette because of her grandma Janet waiting in Heaven for her...making Eva's initials EJ for Vinnie's best friend EJ who passed at the mere age of 18. Are these coincidences? 18 and 18? Will grandma Janet be waiting Saturday w/ open arms to hold her granddaughter? The first of her four grandchildren that she will meet?)

We are praying that Eva stays stable throughout the night and is able to go to TIC in the morning. We are praying for the big things, for God to fix them (since he is the Ultimate Physician) like her heart and her lungs. And for her intestines. To remove the blockage, allow it to pass and/or extend the narrowing. This will allow us to feed her w/out causing a bigger problem. She is not starving, she is on IV nutrients. I made sure of this! But oh how I would live to tube feed her. To allow her to gain some weight and possibly allow her to progress the way that only she can.

The nurses are amazed at the supply of milk I have coming in and I barely pumped as I just didn't feel like it some of the time. They have joked the I have enough to feed the entire floor! I feel it for sure. I am trying to pump less in case I have to wean myself sooner than later but I never assumed that we wouldn't get her to feed so I have the beginning milk if and when she is ready for it.

Please stand w/ us in prayer for those specifics. I have asked for so much and have been blessed w/ so much. Why stop now? I serve a God of more than enough and he continues to shower us w/ just that. I won't quit now.

25 comments:

Kim (marygracesummons.blogspot.com) said...

Praying sweet friend for all your needs and heart's desires! So glad you are getting this precious time with sweet Eva.
With love,
Kim

Anonymous said...

I continue to pray for all of you, especially your beloved Eva. Tonight I pray that God will guard and protect Dominic and Mya and allow them to freely love on their sister. Blessings to you, Chrissy and Vinnie. With love - Lynne B.

Anonymous said...

Chrissy, you amaze me so much with your faith, and the abundance of love you have for your family, and I feel so lucky to call you my friend.

I read your comment, "as close as he wanted" [to get] and wanted to tell you that my 10 yr old son (9 at the time) was really hesitant to even consider being present for Mal's birth - he was finally able to say (in advance) that he didn't want to get close to her, if she was only going to die. Only very close to delivery time was he able to figure out on his own that he would probably regret, later, not being there. That was a hard thing to walk through with him, to respect his needs and fears and feelings, and let him guide us about what should happen. Those loving, sensitive boys are such a blessing, and I am praying specifically for Dominic and for Mya, the gentle and loving big sister I see in the pictures, who just wants to hold her baby sister. I know each of them has a different way of dealing with all that is going on, including watching how Mommy and Daddy are coping.

I know it is hard right now for you, as the Mommy, to care for each of your babies, to watch over Eva, taking the time you need to love her as she needs, and to care for the precious hearts of Mya and Dominic. I'm sure you're way more preoccupied with their needs and Vinnie's, than you are worried about your own needs, so I'm also praying for God to do His miracles for you, too - to make your body strong and recovery quick.

I am also praising God for that abundant milk supply, enough to feed the entire floor. I love that God is giving you all that you need, and that you are finding Him to be worthy of your trust. I also loved reading about how you were able to learn that Mya and Dominic understood about salvation. God truly is keeping His hand over your entire family of 5 precious souls.

We are continuing to pray for all of you.

love, connie

I am Heather...creator of all things crafty! said...

Wow, The Lord is truly honoring your prayers. Your faithful intercession for Eva is encouraging and filled with hope.My prayers are for Eva to keep getting better and for the Lord's healing. He isn't finished with Miss Eva yet. Love to all Heather in Dallas, TX

Sonja said...

Chrissy,

What a blessing to read of another day in the life of "Eva". Thank you for sharing your sweet little one with us.

I will continue to pray for little Eva as I to believe that God is truly the "GREAT PHYSICIAN" He can heal anyone if He so chooses to do so. That is not too much for you to ask. Wouldn't it be an AWESOME witness to have little Eva healed by our Heavenly Father and grow as you so desire?

My heart is filled with emotion when you speak of Mia and Dominic and their love for God and their decisions they have made to follow His will for their life. I will continue to pray for them each during this time.


Lastly, I will continue to pray for you and your loving husband. This is a time that you need eachother and have needs that God knows for desicion making etc. I pray that he gives you a speedy healing in body and soul.

Keep the Faith my friend for God is BIGGER than ever!!!!

Sonja

Anonymous said...

Still praying. My precious friend in High School had a daughter who required a heart/lung transplant at age 17. She began to reject those organs and it because obvious that she would not survive. Terminal patients do not like to be alone nights so my friend sat with her during the day and her dad in the evenings. They spent that time talking about the fact that she would never go to college, get married, or have a family, but that God had other plans for her.

Again, God always chooses life - just not always what he hoped or planned. Your sharing is a blessing to me. Thank you. I will
remember your specific requests.
Becky

Anxious AF said...

Praying for all those things today!

Anonymous said...

Praying for your family often! What a sweet gift you have in Eva! Keep your trust in the Lord and He will sustain you! I'm so glad that He has given you His grace and peace at this time! I will be praying that your weekend with your family goes as you are hoping it will! Easter Blessings to you!

Yvette said...

Chrissy,

Good morning! I have been praying for you every day. I believe you have already received so many answers to prayer haven't you? I am so thankful you have been given time with precious Eva, that Eva and Dominic have been able to bond with her, for time without being rushed to make decisions you need and for the hospital staff/doctor helping you with Eva's transition.

You will never know how much my husband and I appreciate you mentioning Tristan in the post the other day (about being a long time survivor) it brought tears to our eyes as we read it over and over and then you have mentioned his name again in this post.

I love the way you were talking to Eva about heaven. I remember as Tristan was passing away Tanner was crying and telling him that it's okay to go to heaven because all of his friends were waiting on him. Okay, emotionally this was so hard but yet so comforting to know that Tanner was saved and knew about heaven and comforting to know that my little boy would not be alone because he had so many friends waiting for him. And you know what, they will be waiting on Eva one day too, but sweet friend that day is not today, so enjoy every single moment you have, take lots of pictures, hold her as much as you can, touch her, rub her little face and take in her smell.

I certainly understand how hard it can be trying to juggle between the kids and Eva, but they will be okay I promise, you are promised TODAY with Eva so live it to the fullest.

Oh I pray you make it home or at least to the transition home by Easter, I know this was a big prayer request. I will continue to pray for you in the days ahead and look forward to hearing the next update.

Love, Yvette Hostetter
www.tristanasher.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Perfect little Eva... She is going to continue to surprise you... I am so thankful to hear that all went well with the transfer to the Canula... I know that you are in the nesting room and that your family is around... I am continueing to pray along with my church family and friends... We are trusting and standing in the gap with you... "When you are weary HE is strong"... May God's Peace be with you... Just enjoy your time with her and let God do the rest...

I love you very much...

Your friend, Dawn

Chelle' said...

Praying for every detail mentioned.
-Chelle'

Jen in Al said...

Praying over all your requests! jen in al

Emily said...

Oh, you bless me so. I sit here fighting back tears, as I imagine you telling Eva about all these babies, including Miller Grace. When I talked to Miller Grace, I told her of my sweet friend Christy's little girl Jordyn and my precious 20 year old friend Eric, but all the rest were adults that I had to tell her about. I was just thinking this last Wednesday about how integral friends are in my life and that, in a strange way, I have such a comfort knowing the faces and names and even families of Miller Grace's many little friends. She is not alone. There is such peace and comfort in that. While I always knew she had my loved ones there, I did not know she would have little friends that I would get to learn about before they went to meet her. So, my heart breaks for you, while it somehow rejoices for Eva and Miller Grace a little. Oh, what a glorious day it will be when we see them again. Hold her tight and kiss her for me, sweet Chrissy. Her God can do anything He wants. And when He chooses not to do what we want, we must remember that His way is always, always best.

Call me any time at all. (270)392-1547. I've been there. I'm here now. Praying for you. It's a Good Friday. :)

Anonymous said...

Eva certainly is in the loving hands of a caring family. I am praying that you will get to transition very soon. I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers.

My son has trisomy 18 and he is 10 1/2 yrs. old. If you are interested visit his caring bridge site at www.caringbridge.org/visit/morganmccormick

Holly McCormick

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you are getting some precious time with your sweet little girl. I will continue praying for you and your family.

Anonymous said...

Continued prayers for your family. I am thankful for your continued time with beautiful Eva....God bless you all!
Trisha
San Diego

Laurie in Ca. said...

Dear Chrissy,

This being "Good Friday" and all that it represents to us, I am asking the Lord to hold you up and continue to answer all prayers for you and Eva. As this Easter weekend is here, I ask Him for miracles, like the one that occured on this weekend so long ago. He is the same Lord, yesterday, today and forever. He has not changed. Praying for Eva to continue to thrive and grow strong as the four of you love this precious little gift of God so much. Praying for all that you have asked dear friend, and for more. He is capable of ALL things good that bring glory unto Himself. What a blessing to read that you had a beautiful mommy-daughter talk with her Chrissy. Praying for your heart to contain all that is with you right now and in the days ahead. Trust Him with all you have, He will bring you through.

Love and Prayers, Laurie in Ca.

Mashel said...

You are truly an amazing woman. I am praying for you and your family. What an incredibly difficult thing to have to explain to your older kids. It is an amazing learing experience for them too. You are in our prayers, here in Washington State.

Emily said...

Praying you through.

Rachel said...

Praying for more answers to your prayers. You are right we serve a big God and He tells us we have not because we ask not. Praying that yor requests to take Eva home will be answered. Praying for the hearts of your other sweet babies as they love on their sister. May God hold your whole family in the palm of His hand.
Rachel in PA

Anonymous said...

My prayers and many others are with all of you as you make it through another blessed day with Eva.

Kenzie said...

Chrissy-

Happy Good Friday sweet friend. I am praying for the things you listed and many more... Thank you for telling Eva about Maddox (and the many other friends that she has in Heaven). I, like Emily, am so thankful for the friends that Maddox has with him while we are apart.

Love you and praying for your whole family!
Kenzie

Anonymous said...

I am praying for you that the Lord will bless you abundantly and that you will feel His Love pouring out on you as you go through these days. Your little Eva is so beautiful and precious.
I am praying for you!
Blessings,
Jen

So Blessed said...

I am honored to stand with you in prayer for all the requests that you have listed. You are so right that our God is more than enough for any situation we face...keep holding to His precious promises.

Sandy M. said...

What wonderful pics of all of your family. I love the t-shirts on the kids! Eva is adorable, so precious. I'm thankful you are having some time together and I'm praying for all of you.

Blessings this resurrection weekend,

Sandy M.
Plano, TX