Keller, TX ~ August 7th, 2010

Keller, TX ~ August 7th, 2010
The "eight of us" together w/ our NEW babies after our losses...

Living Proof ~ June 13th, 2009 ~ Pittsburgh, PA ~ Beth Moore

Deeper Still ~ June 28th, 2008

Deeper Still ~ June 28th, 2008
The "eight of us" w/ Beth Moore (w/ empty arms)...

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Things are looking a little better...

As always I'm gonna try and make this short as I am physically draining myself. The late nights updating, up throughout the night to sit w/ my precious baby girl is priceless although I need to make time for myself to heal. I am barely eating, still taking some pain meds and on my feet all day. My ankles look like they belong on an elephant! I thank you for praying for my healing as well. A c-section is no picnic...but I wouldn't have had it any other way!

Eva is doing better than earlier. Her breathing became very strenuous and you could see the struggle. It wasn't long before she was comfortable w/ meds but she was then sort of in a daze and her numbers were still low. I truly thought that it wouldn't be long before she left our arms to His...but obviously God has other plans and Eva continues to fight (fight like in just not ready to go yet, not fight like she's in pain because she is not). My little warrior! The meds help w/ the pain and settle her and help w/ her breathing. The meds last maybe an hour or a little more. We were worried she'd need them continuously but they seem to have worn off and she is still calm and content. We think she plummeted due to numerous things...the nurse says several visitors (not that she was being held but I guess just the talking over her can stress her out a bit - this is surprising to me cause there are many a noises in the NICU you'd think that would stress her too), her temp was extremely low which could have been a factor as well...and I personally think it was due to the change of her oxygen levels (just my guess cause it was up then they took it down then she went down so they put it back up and so on).

So as of now she is stable. Heart rate is up and breathing is okay, could be better...praying for this to improve. Temp had gotten too high now so praying for regulation there as well. Praying for a peacful night for all of us...Eva, Vinnie and I.

God has taught me today to "Be Still"...likely meaning continue to live in the moment, each moment that he has and continues to give us. I was so trilled w/ where we were today that I was looking ahead to Monday. Oh how fast things can change and I have seen that tonight. I will try hard to be still. I will continue to cherish each and every second. I will deal w/ Monday when we get there...no hurries, no worries...baby steps have gotten us here we will continue to move forward w/ baby steps. You cannot ask for patience you must earn them. Well I am learning to earn them.

Praising God for again another day. As we approach Eva's 6 day birthday I sit in aw at all that we have been blessed with. As always His timing will be perfect but it doesn't hurt to continue to ask for more time. Hey if I asked for poop and got poop I'll continue to ask for more time!

Praying for a good stable night. And for many more days and nights to love on and take in our miracle baby girl. What an Easter miracle she is!

Many many more pics to come...it takes a while to do and I am just too tired tonight. Soon...I promise.

Dominic held his baby sister! Praise God for that! He was willing and wanting to do so. Praying for more cuddles from Dom and Mya too! Dad held more today too! Hallelujah!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Chrissy. Just wanted to send you big hugs and lots of love. Thank you for being so consistent in posting, for taking the time out for us out here in the internet world that love you and your family. Rest tonight in His arms, in His peace... you are covered and smothered in His presence and our prayers. We love you.
a sis in Seattle,
Kimberly
p.s. I posted a link to your blog on my blog, so my family can see your beautiful daughter and pray for you guys too. Hope that's ok.
http://sweetsweet-abby.livejournal.com/

Charlotte said...

Found your blog through another and been checking daily on this sweet little baby girl, a gift from God ! Hoping she remains free of pain and your family has a joyous Easter ! God bless you all!

Charlotte and crew

Emily said...

Hallelujah! HAPPY FIRST EASTER, EVA!!!!!!!!


Chrissy, I remember well what it was like sitting by a five day old girl's bed with elephant feet. I'm going to go against all the other opinions you will hear and tell you to stay right there. As long as you can hold your head up, stay right there by her. And when the Lord gives you peace enough to sleep, rest in that. I love you and I am lifting you up. AND PRAISING GOD FOR A BEAUTIFUL LITTLE EASTER MIRACLE!!!

boltefamily said...

I am still praying for you and the entire family and each of your specific requests knowing that God will provide. Happy Easter Chrissy! Eva is a miracle and though I know you need time to heal physcally I can completely understand sitting with her every moment. God will take care of both of you! We were in Pittsburgh today and I thought of you. Please know you and Eva are in my thoughts and prayers constantly!

Love
Kristy

Sonja said...

Chrissy,

I have said another prayer for you and your family. God has a way of making mother's capable of dealing with no sleep or rest in times when mom needs to be where mom needs to be. Listen to Him and He will direct your path. Yes.... Be Still.... Listen..... He will direct you.

It a previous post I made mention that it would be AWESOME if little Miss Eva decided to hang around for a long time to show the world a thing or two.... I believe God already had that plan. I pray He does. I feel in my heart that Eva is here to teach us something. I just don't know what it could be right now.

Lord, give Chrissy and her husband, children at home and children in the hospital with her... strength, peace and comfort in the days to come. We thank you for your dying and resurrecting so that we might have ETERNAL life. We thank you for Little Eva and pray that you give the doctors the knowledge to have your will done in her life. Thank you Jesus... For loving us.

Sonja