Keller, TX ~ August 7th, 2010

Keller, TX ~ August 7th, 2010
The "eight of us" together w/ our NEW babies after our losses...

Living Proof ~ June 13th, 2009 ~ Pittsburgh, PA ~ Beth Moore

Deeper Still ~ June 28th, 2008

Deeper Still ~ June 28th, 2008
The "eight of us" w/ Beth Moore (w/ empty arms)...

Friday, March 14, 2008

Indescribable emotions...

All and all I have had a good day. I have gotten my bags packed, showered, got over to my aunt's house (who made wonderful tee-shirts for Dominic, Mya and Eva for Monday at the hospital - pictures to come - I promise!) and then made it to the local fish fry for dinner and dessert w/ Vinnie's family. Not too bad for being ginormous and not being able to breath!

Then tragic struck!

Once home I sat down and opened my email. I had received an email notification that Erin Brown had updated Molly Elizabeth Brown's Caring Bridge site.

*****Molly is a little girl that I had come across several months ago while searching Trisomy 18 via Google. I contacted Molly's dad Sean to ask some questions and since then I have had a little more contact w/ Erin, Molly's mom. I was always amazed to see how well Molly was doing and to see how far she has come...she just turned 19 months on March 10th! Vinnie and I would sit at night just flipping thru her pictures - such an adorable, precious little girl! (check out her photos - the one in the towel). I'd tell Erin and even myself that I only pray to be where they are at 18 months from now.*****

With that said...I always love to see updates on Molly so I quickly went to read...this is what I found:

It is with indescribable sadness that we report the sudden and unexpected passing of Molly Elizabeth. Last night at about 7:30, while sitting on Erin's lap at the dinner table surrounded by loved ones, without a sound or the slightest hint of discomfort, Molly's heart simply stopped beating. Police and paramedics responded immediately, CPR was administered, and she was rapidly transported to the hospital in Princeton. Emergency Room personnel admirably attempted to revive her for over thirty minutes. She never regained consciousness after that silent goodbye at the table.

Needless to say I am in complete and total shock. I am devastated beyond words and am trying to hold it together as this was not what I ever imagined, especially two days before my dear Eva's birthday.

Molly, as any others w/ T18 who have and still are beating the odds, are what and who I have been clinging to. Hoping and praying to be just like them! It kills me inside to see things like this happening. Reality strikes again!

Please pray for the Brown family. As well as for ours. We are all having difficulties w/ this right now...especially Mya and I.

Joshua Matthew Sams has also been called home to Heaven. Please continue to pray for the Sams family too.

This is all so much for me right now...

13 comments:

Emily said...

Hello sweet friend. I am praying for your heart. The Lord must have mighty big plans for you, to have lead you through such frightening waters. You, one breath at a time, are walking on the waves toward Jesus and your girl. His timing will be perfect. You have nothing to worry about. You are blessed to be the mother to a miracle girl and your joy will always, always outweigh your sorrow, no matter how heavy the sorrow becomes. In your darkest hour, you will agree. I love you from KY and am storming Heaven for you and your girl. You are already glorifying God in so many ways and I am honored to know you both. ;)

Chelle' said...

Chrissy-
I'm praying for you, in what must be such a difficult road to walk right now.

Keep your eyes fixed on Him friend. And live every moment... you don't want to miss a thing.

Blessings-
Chelle'

Laurie in Ca. said...

Praying for you Chrissy as this news today is so sad and upsetting. God will be with you every minute of every day and bless you with meeting Eva on Monday. Praying for your family to feel His peace this weekend and on Monday.

Love and Prayers, Laurie in Ca.

PS. It is good that your bags are packed. One less thing to think about.:)

boltefamily said...

Chrissy,

I am praying for you each and every day. I know the road ahead seems overwhelming but just take it one moment at a time. God WILL provide. You are an amazing mama and I am so glad to have the privelage of sharing in your journey! I will continue praying!

Alicia said...

Chrissy,

You are in my prayers and thoughts so many times a day....will continue praying fervently for you and Eva.

You are an inspiration!

Love ya!
Alicia

Anxious AF said...

Praying for peace for you and your family.

So Blessed said...

I am praying for you today...that the Holy Spirit will comfort your heart as only He can do. All this news is a heavey load so just keep laying it at the feet of Jesus, and He will help you. Keep your eyes on Him each and every step of the way...He won't leave you in your time of need. My prayers will continue for you and your precious family as you await the birth of little Eva.

The Lord is faithful in all He says; He is gracious in all He does. The Lord helps the fallen and lifts those bent beneath their loads. Psalm 145:13-14

Laurie in Ca. said...

Thinking about you and praying for you this Saturday morning Chrissy. I can only imagine what is in your heart right now as you wait for Monday and your miracle girl Eva. Asking God to meet your every need and give you His peace. I am praying.

Love, Laurie in Ca.

Kenzie said...

Chrissy-

I know this all is so overwhelming right now... you continue to watch all of these families walk these difficult roads as you anxiously await yours. Remember something that Dusty told me~ each other family you are watching is not our own. Our story is different, our story is our own. Only the Lord knows what is in store, but He is with you and will guide you through whatever lies ahead.

I know this is so difficult, but PLEASE remember that there are SO MANY of us praying for you right now!

So much love and MANY prayers,
Kenzie

Anonymous said...

Chrissy,
I agree with Kenzie's quote from Dusty - no one else's story is your story. If you are blessed with more time than anyone else, it will not seem "fair," because of those you know who have received less (earthly) time, and if you are blessed with only a very short time, it will also not make sense. But only God knows the plans he had for Eva Janette from the moment He thought of her, and chose you to be her mommy, knowing the choices you would make for her, including the choice to allow her to live out the life He is giving her.

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. - Jeremiah 29:11

Chrissy, God has already blessed you in ways we've talked about, including by allowing the doctors to make choices for Eva that would allow her the best chance at doing well at birth (like those steroid shots to help mature her lungs). I'll keep praying that God brings those things to mind when you are bombarded with other information that could take away your sense of hope and peace. I am begging Him to give you tons of that peace that you will exclaim to all of us afterward, could ONLY have come from Him.

I am always here if you want to talk. And know that so many of us will continue to pray for you through Monday and beyond, as you watch God's exquisite plan for you and Vinnie and Dominic and Mya and Eva unfold.

I love you,
connie

JonesChronicles said...

You don't know me, and I don't "know" you. But, today as I read your post I prayed for moments. Moments to hold Eva. Moments to kiss her. Moments to love her. Moments to look at her. Just moments. That is my prayer for you...I guess because I know that often the briefest encounters leave the most long-standing impressions. Rachel

Jane said...

Oh how I miss those Lint Fish Fries in The 'Burgh! thanks for the trip down memory lane.

Wanted to let you know that my prayers are with you, yesterday, today and always. But especially this weekend and Monday.

Anonymous said...

Hi Chrissy - I just wanted to post. I think I have in the past but not much. I just want you to know I am thinking of you lots these past few days and in the next days to come. I know you are about to meet your precious Eva tomorrow. And I can not wait to read the good news of her arrival. I will continue to pray for you and your family and especially for little Eva. I know God will be there in that room with all of you and may you have peace and comfort in that.
God Bless you!