Keller, TX ~ August 7th, 2010

Keller, TX ~ August 7th, 2010
The "eight of us" together w/ our NEW babies after our losses...

Living Proof ~ June 13th, 2009 ~ Pittsburgh, PA ~ Beth Moore

Deeper Still ~ June 28th, 2008

Deeper Still ~ June 28th, 2008
The "eight of us" w/ Beth Moore (w/ empty arms)...

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Amazed and So Very Thankful...

I was just thinking (as I do oh so often) and wanted to get a few things down here tonight before I attempt to lay it down. I am not used to the time change so am finding it a little difficult to sleep at normal hours.

Anyways, I sit here thinking tonight of how far we have come. How at 13 weeks I had little to no hope to make it this far. Then at 18 and 22 weeks I was told that it was likely I'd deliver any where between 28-34 weeks. And at 28 weeks I was admitted to the hospital, discharged and put on bed rest and told I could deliver w/in 7 days, then maybe 14 days and even 21 days.

Well, well well...here we are at 37 1/2 weeks. So much for those statistics! It just goes to show that I serve a God of more than enough! He has given me more than what I was told. And I believe that he will continue to pour on the blessings! What power there is in prayer and what an awesome God he is!

I called a girl from church tonight to see if our life group is meeting on Sunday night. I am going to try my hardest to get there as I want nothing more than prayers and hands laid on Eva and I as we will be walking into those hospital doors bright and early Monday morning. I am calling it my baby shower...a shower of prayers that is. I read someones blog a while back and came across an entry mentioning a Prayer Shower. At a prayer shower the mom-to-be is showered with prayers instead of gifts. Each will pray for a specific topic such as labor and delivery and parenting. How cool is that!

I also found out our pastor and youth pastor both know that Monday is our big day. I gave the details and know that the info will be passed along to them. So wonderful to know that someone will likely be at the hospital to dedicate Eva on Monday morning and we won't have to use someone from the hospital whom we don't even know. What a blessing! Thank you Lord!

Thank you all for continuing to check in on us and for the continued thoughts and prayers! I don't know what I would do w/out you all!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Sweet Mom Chrissy - I'm not sure how I found your blog, but I've been praying for you, your precious daughter and all your family. I've never heard of a Prayer Shower, but what a fabulous idea! Over the next several days, I will join in to shower you and your child with prayers. I pray that God's grace will pour out upon you and your husband, your baby daughter, your other children and all your other family. Love to you - Lynne B.

Laurie in Ca. said...

Hi Chrissy,

I love the idea of a Prayer Shower and am asking God to make it happen. I can't think of a more blessed way to prepare for Monday than to be showered in hands on you both in prayer. I will be praying with you from here. God has been so evident in your journey with Eva every step of the way, just as He promised you that He would be with you. I continue to hope with you in all that He has planned for Eva's life and for yours. I am praying for your whole family as Monday is Birthday Day for Eva. God bless you Chrissy as you put your trust in Him.

Love and Prayers, Laurie in Ca.

Angela said...

Chrissy,
I've been following your blog for awhile now. I just wanted to let you know you are in my thoughts and prayers. I can't wait to see your little Eva.

Angela in central Ohio

Anonymous said...

Dear Chrissy, I'm adding my prayers to the Prayer Shower as well and will be asking God for some very specific blessings for you and your family over the next few days. Today I am praying that there will be no fear at all in your heart. I know it's got to be agonizing to read stories like Joshua's and all the T18 babies who have gone to be with Jesus over the past few months and wonder what lies ahead for Eva. My prayer for you today is that God will fill you with such peace over these last few days of your pregnancy, that you will be able to ENJOY feeling Eva moving within your womb and feel all the joy and expectation that any mom would feel at this point. Rest in Him ... He will see you through, precious sister.

I can't wait to see pictures of her!!!

Anonymous said...

Chrissy,

Even if the Prayer Shower does not come off, please know that you are being showered with prayers this weekend! Lisa in NC

Rachel said...

I am praying for you over the next few days. Praying that you continue to be strong and have faith knowing that God has had a wonderful plan for Eva's life all along. Pleading with you before the throne of mercy that His plan allows you lots of time to hug and kiss your sweet baby and to tell her how much you love her and share her with your family. Praying that she will be a little Easter miracle and that you will get to ring her home. Also praying for you for peace and a safe delivery and speedy recovery.
Hugs
Rachel in PA
PS I have been reading Joshua's blog and am praying for him and his sweet family.

Emily said...

Praying for you, sweet mama. And thanking God for your beautiful little girl's amazing life. :)

Karen said...

Praying for peace, wisdom, guidance, calmness, and strength for you. Also, for you to enjoy each moment you have right now with Eva, safe and sound in your womb!