Keller, TX ~ August 7th, 2010

Keller, TX ~ August 7th, 2010
The "eight of us" together w/ our NEW babies after our losses...

Living Proof ~ June 13th, 2009 ~ Pittsburgh, PA ~ Beth Moore

Deeper Still ~ June 28th, 2008

Deeper Still ~ June 28th, 2008
The "eight of us" w/ Beth Moore (w/ empty arms)...

Thursday, March 13, 2008

PLEASE pray for the family of Joshua Matthew Sams!

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Joshua Matthew Sams (Here is Susie's post...)
...
This afternoon Joshua was having his bandages changed when his nurse looked up at me and said, "Susie, it's just burst." His encephalocele burst open, I think just from the bandages being removed slowly, even though they were drenched in saline. Within a few minutes his encephalocele was empty. That was 6 hours ago. We thought he would pass away quickly, but he's still here. He's had 3 sets of seizures, but doesn't seem to be in any pain. After about an hour he put his head right up, opened his eyes and looked around. I think it's the first time he discovered he could move his head, because it wasn't heavy anymore.

We are home with our family (my parents and brother came home quickly) and enjoying our time with him.

Lots of cuddles, pictures, kisses, and tears. I don't know what will happen next.

Please pray for us while we walk through this.

What a miracle that we got more time... even in this. We thought he'd be gone within an hour.

Posted by Susie at 8:21 PM 0 comments (they are in New Zealand, they are 17 hrs ahead of me)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I can't even describe how I feel right now. Heartbroken, maybe, for their whole family. As it has been w/ all the other babies that have gone home to be w/ Jesus way to soon in the past few months, this was somewhat expected but not.

Although I do not know for sure that Joshua has gone home as of yet I can only assume. But God is and was and will be in control so I know that his plan is and was and will be in place for the Sams family.

Please take a moment at sometime today and pray for them. Praise God for the time they had and ask God to hold them and keep them as we are never fully prepared for this type of loss.

3 comments:

Rebecca (Ramblings by Reba) said...

I read this first thing this morning, before I came to work. I am so sad for them. But so glad for the time they got with him.

Laurie in Ca. said...

I've been following them for a while now and what an incredible family they are. Joshua has been a miracle since before he was born. I know they are thankful for the time they have had, but it never is enough to keep the heart from breaking.
I am praying for you too Chrissy, many times throughout each day. Are you packed yet?:) Asking Him to bless and keep you in His peace, holding you tight and keeping your family close in Him.

Love you, Laurie in Ca.

Emily said...

Chrissy,
I wanted you to know that my family & I are praying for your family. I pray that you will have a restful weekend at home & we will be especially praying for you, Eva & your whole family as you go to the hospital on Monday!
Emily