Keller, TX ~ August 7th, 2010

Keller, TX ~ August 7th, 2010
The "eight of us" together w/ our NEW babies after our losses...

Living Proof ~ June 13th, 2009 ~ Pittsburgh, PA ~ Beth Moore

Deeper Still ~ June 28th, 2008

Deeper Still ~ June 28th, 2008
The "eight of us" w/ Beth Moore (w/ empty arms)...

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Teddy Bear...

As I said in a previous post the brown bear would have its own post...well here you have it!



We purchased this brown bear at my first 3D/4D ultrasound appointment back in December.

Now this was no ordinary bear. This bear has a device inside...something very special...it has a heartbeat...and not just any heartbeat...it has my baby girl's heartbeat.

Yep, that's right...it has Eva's heartbeat inside.



So at those times when my mind and my heart want to go back to those pregnant days w/ my baby girl safely inside of me...I can give the bear a little squeeze.



I used to listen to her heartbeat so very often, it was always so reassuring when she was a little less active or when Mya would ask to hear it...we would sit together and use the doppler that I had purchased off of Ebay (then Dom and Mya would insist they didn't have hearts cause they couldn't hear it...silly kids, they didn't realize that they needed the gel)!



Everyone, including doctors, would laugh when I would tell them that I bought my own doppler...what was so funny? I bought it before I knew there was even anything wrong. I guess I just had that feeling...that I would need something to reassure me, daily, that I was indeed pregnant. I hated to have to wait 4 weeks to go back to appointments to hear the heartbeat...so I bought my own doppler. And oh how happy I am that I did. And now I have it and can use it again somewhere later on in life.



So anyways, back to my bear...I wanted to wait to share the details on him until I got the sweater in the mail. I obviously had to wait till Eva was born to order it.



Oh how precious it is! It is such a heavy material and not some cheap stuff. I love it! I wish I had a bear for Dominic and Mya too. What a keep sake especially due to the circumstances.

Eva's heart can still be heard and felt even though there is some distance between us...

I love you baby girl!

8 comments:

Emily said...

How PERFECT.

ShEiLa said...

I love this bear and the sound it makes. It is always great to hear a baby's heartbeat. toodles,
Sheila, NV

Tabitha said...

What a nice idea, I love the bear, it is a special reminder of your little girl.
Tabitha X

Anonymous said...

That is precious. I love it!!

Elizabeth in TX

Alicia said...

Chrissy,

What a precious keepsake!!! How beautiful!! The sweater is just adorable!! Just the way your little Eva was on this earth and is in heaven now!!!!

Continuing to pray for you my friend!!

Love ya!
Alicia

amanda said...

Awesome!

boltefamily said...

That is an amazing idea! How I wish I had thought of that!

Anonymous said...

Oh my... that bear has got to be the worlds best keepsake, I wish they would have had something like that available 17 years ago. isn't the world of digital technology just a wonderful thing.
I haven't commented or been able to follow your blog faithfully like I had been for the last week and a half due to some major medical problems that I have been going through and had to have a surgery last Friday that took over 8 hours. As soon I was able to open up the laptop and log on to the hospitals wireless conection, your blog was the first one I went to :) I hope your healing well(physically that is) Hugs from Amanda in Ohio