Keller, TX ~ August 7th, 2010

Keller, TX ~ August 7th, 2010
The "eight of us" together w/ our NEW babies after our losses...

Living Proof ~ June 13th, 2009 ~ Pittsburgh, PA ~ Beth Moore

Deeper Still ~ June 28th, 2008

Deeper Still ~ June 28th, 2008
The "eight of us" w/ Beth Moore (w/ empty arms)...

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Real quick...

I feel like I haven't blogged in like forever. I have so many pics to add and things to tell y'all about the past week but sometimes blogging takes too long. In which tonight, I just don't have all that time.

I have to be up at 5am to take my dad in for surgery. Some of you know because of my prayer request text, but my dad got hurt at work on Monday and it was pretty bad. He uses a band saw at work that is an inch and a half wide and twenty feet long. He was considering changing the blade that morning and for some reason (GOD) he didn't. Therefore, what could have been losing all his fingers turns out he took out the knuckle and a major tendon instead (thank you Jesus!). I prayed on my way to the ER and had my "warriors" praying too (prayers were answered). He went from 1st needing to be transferred from that hospital to another for immediate surgery to just being stitched up and discharged w/ the follow-up today. I took him to the appointment today which resulted in surgery scheduled for tomorrow morning (and all the pre-op stuff being handled in the facility we were at - so convenient).

So on that note...I was up early and out all day and am a little sleepy now, even w/ a nap after dinner. I plan to take the lap top w/ me tomorrow and blog it up while he is in surgery. If I can't get all the words out there I'll at least try to get the pics up and then add the words later. I know when I check on my blog friends I love to see something rather than nothing...pics will at least be added...unless I can't get service or in case any issues arise w/ his surgery.

I'll refrain from adding the pics of his hand...I took 2 while it was open and 2 after it was closed...you ask why I would do such? I wanted to be able to show my dad the damage done later in case the pain meds made him loopy (which they did) and he may have been in a state of shock too. Not to mention that it was a good thing that I took them because they came in handy today while seeing the surgeon. So again, I'll refrain from adding those cause I'm sure it would be difficult to clean vomit outta your keyboard! lol

Please pray for us, my dad as we go in tomorrow morning. Even though it is out patient you just never know. It is still surgery and still requires sedation. Possibly general anesthetic w/ a breathing tube. Please pray for the doctors and that all goes well.

I thought I'd need prayer for me being that I hadn't seen the hospital setting since leaving the maternity ward/NICU w/out Eva. Don't get me wrong, Monday was tough and tears were shed but I pulled it together before my dad came back from x-ray and have been doing well since. Today was a little rough just because I got irritated w/ the medical system and the lack of communication between personnel but I managed to get it all worked out...and the day went well thereafter.

Trying to get some sleep tonight since my schedule is not up to par these days. Be back tomorrow!

6 comments:

Steve+Marie Douglas said...

we will certainly keep your dad in our prayers, that all will go well for him and a quick recovery! For you to sense the PEACE AND STRENGTH OF GOD IN AND THROUGH YOU BEYOND UNDERSTANDING :)
Marie

Alicia said...

Will definitely be praying Chrissy!

Love you,

Alicia

Laurie in Ca. said...

I am so glad that his injury wasn't worse than it is. I'll be praying all goes well for him and that you have peace in your heart as you are there with him. Love you Chrissy and I think about Eva all the time:)

Love, Laurie in Ca.

boltefamily said...

Praying for your dad Chrissy! Love you!

Kristy

Tabitha said...

Chrissy,
I have read your blog for quite a while, and although I have never met you ~ I just wanted to tell you that I will be praying for your dad and for you and your family.
Your little baby Eva was truly beautiful and I am so sorry that she could not be with you for longer.
Love and warm wishes ~ from my heart to yours,
Tabitha X

Emily said...

Praying for your dad and you!!