Keller, TX ~ August 7th, 2010

Keller, TX ~ August 7th, 2010
The "eight of us" together w/ our NEW babies after our losses...

Living Proof ~ June 13th, 2009 ~ Pittsburgh, PA ~ Beth Moore

Deeper Still ~ June 28th, 2008

Deeper Still ~ June 28th, 2008
The "eight of us" w/ Beth Moore (w/ empty arms)...

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Today has been a better day...

By far today was a better day.

I had gone shopping (alone which is always nice) and then had a doctors appointment (my incision became very painful on Sunday and into yesterday so I gave in and called the office - I was trying to wait until my 6 week check-up next Thursday).

At the store the cashier (I made a return first) noticed my new necklace immediately! I'm loving it! And she loved it too!

At the doctors office many noticed the necklace right away. Everyone was thrilled that someone I never even met had made such a wonderful treasure for me! Thank you again Heather for making it and Kenzie for giving my address!

My incision is fine...perfect so they say...(not perfect if you ask me...still sore to touch and press on and it appears they made the first cut...then realized they needed a little more room for my big baby Eva to fit thru so they cut a little more on the one side...so it is so no even!) But I love my incision! I love my permanent scar for my baby girl that I did any and everything for to make it into this world safely. And she did! All 4 pounds, 11 ounces and 18 inches of her!



Just a reminder pic of my precious little one!

I had to have an ultrasound (at the doctors today) of my incision to see the layers to make sure there was no fluid or bleeding underneath. The doc figured all was well but wanted to be safe than sorry. Fine by me. Although it wasn't easy seeing an empty uterus! :'(

Pictures from today...



Eva's dandelions all dried up...



Dominic trying to fix them...he did the E and gave up...lol - wonder if that position hurt his wrist?



As Dominic calls it...we were chillaxin w/ Eva...



Haha...yep, me smiling...is this the first pic of me actually looking at the camera? Wow, it's been a while! (that would be Mya's shoe to the right...yep, she was running through the cemetery in her socks! It's okay though...they were Barbie socks that said Monday on them (yes, it's Tuesday) and they were on the wrong feet. The Barbie faces were on the insides. There was no school today, so that explains it. And dad was w/ her since I was out...go figure)!



Chillaxin some more...

I did...we did...plenty of laughing out load today. My kids (Vin, Dom, Mya - I think I'll just claim four from now on) ran around the cemetery like dorks today. Jumping, falling, laughing, screaming...you name it they were doing it. They had fun. I just sat and watched...and yes, I was cracking up. So embarrassing! I hope no one was watching (besides those Above - and I'm sure they got a kick out of it)!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just love the pictures in this post. My favorite on is the one of you looking into the camera :)The Lords Strength & Grace so evident. So moving to me. I also wanted to thank you for adding my Little Elijah's blog to your side bar. I'm still trying to figure out how to do that on mine. When I saw Eva's name in the grass with the dandilions it reminded me of a poem I found on the internet when I had my miscarriage befor Josiah was born. I wonder if you have heard of the poem? I am going to try to find it and send it to you but the main message in the poem is that when you see a dandilion still in the white cotton ball form you pick it up and when you blow it you are blowing a kiss all the way to heaven to your little baby :) I have started to show Josiah to pick them up and I tell him to blow a kiss to Elijah's friends who are waiting for him in heaven, JOshua & Eva. He sees their pictures on the computer screen and says, "HI LIJA FRIENDS" and tip toes up to the screen to kiss their pictures. JUST HAD TO SHARE!!! YOU ARE IN MY PRAYERS :)
ALL MY LOVE FOR YOUR ACHING HEART
MARIE (ELIJAH'S MOMMY)

Bobbi said...

just wanted to let you know that you are doing a great job...you are a great mother & wife...you are all still in my prayers.

boltefamily said...

Yea for good days! So glad you were able to find joy today Chrissy! The pictures are great!

Love,
Kristy

Alicia said...

So glad you had a good day!!! Love the pictures!!! Chrissy, you are doing an amazing job, keep up the good work my friend!!

Praying for you and your precious family....
I love your necklace, it is beautiful!

Love you!
Alicia

Laurie in Ca. said...

Chrissy,

The picture of Eva has been one of my favorites and I don't know why, it just is. It is good to see your sweet smile again as I know your hurt is still so fresh and deep. Vinnie looks so comfy in the pictures and I am thankful you have this time to catch your breath as a family. I love you girl and continue to walk with you.

Love, Laurie in Ca.

I am Heather...creator of all things crafty! said...

Chrissy, I just want you to know I linked you on my blog and did a little "feature-ette" on your family on my site today. Glad you had a better day yesterday. Heather Rice
http://www.ricetrio.blogspot.com

Kenzie said...

CHrissy-

SO glad you had a good day and of course, laughing is always great! Thinking of you guys today too... Eva and Maddox... the 23rd... wow. Love you lots.

Kenzie

Angela said...

Laughing and goofing off with Eva...that's beautiful!

Angela

MARGARETE said...

Do you have a space for a garden? Maybe you could have the kids plant some flowers that will grow in the shape/name EVA. That would be fun and very nice to see. Hope you liked this idea. :)
Margarete

Tabitha said...

So glad that you have had a good day. The necklace is absolutely gorgeous ~ I love it.
Thinking of you
Tabitha X

Maryellen said...

Hi Chrissy,
I love the pictures here. You and Vinny have such wonderful faith, and he is such a wonderful husband for you and dad for your kids. And the fact that everyone is feeling better enough to run around and have fun is beautiful to hear. Keep it up - and let yourself feel what you need to feel, happy or sad.

Maryellen
Barb Styslinger's sister
Bunny's "adopted daughter"

Anonymous said...

This is great... I love to see you laughing again... God is faithful to see us through... Laughter is good like medicine... I am sure that Little Miss Eva is up there laughing too... Watching all of you down here...

Love you all sis...
Dawn