Keller, TX ~ August 7th, 2010

Keller, TX ~ August 7th, 2010
The "eight of us" together w/ our NEW babies after our losses...

Living Proof ~ June 13th, 2009 ~ Pittsburgh, PA ~ Beth Moore

Deeper Still ~ June 28th, 2008

Deeper Still ~ June 28th, 2008
The "eight of us" w/ Beth Moore (w/ empty arms)...

Saturday, April 19, 2008

The Room...



The Room

What is "The Room"? Well, there's a good chance it's been emailed to you at one time or another in one of those forwarded emails that clog your inbox. It was originally published in New Attitude magazine in 1995, and then reprinted in my book I Kissed Dating Goodbye in 1997. At some point, it began making it's way around the Internet as well.

"The Room" is a dream I had while visiting Puerto Rico for a Billy Graham crusade when I was 19. People often ask if I really had the dream, and the answer is yes. I woke up deeply shaken, grabbed my computer, and began to type.

The dream became an article, and the premise was this: What if there were a room of files that cataloged your every thought and action? Could you bear to review them? "The Room" touches on the universal themes of guilt and redemption. How does a man find forgiveness for the wrongs he's committed or for the good he's left undone? Is our past something we can leave behind or forget? How can any of us know true forgiveness from a God who is holy and just?

"The Room" points to our need for a Savior who can rescue us from the punishment our sins deserve. Jesus Christ is that Savior. And "The Room" is a story that helps explain what he accomplished when he died on the cross for the sins of the world. I hope that reading it will point you to the Savior who died for you.

Read "The Room"

I did my homework Anonymous! Thanks for the info!

But really...it's not like I posted it and said...look what I wrote!

Apparently there's been many issues w/ who wrote this...read about them here...Authorship Controversy

3 comments:

Maryellen said...

Hi Chrissy,

This is Bill Styslinger's sister-in-law again (his wife Barb's sister). I have been looking at your page regularly and I admire you so much for honoring your baby. You are a very special person and you have a beautiful family. Take care.

Maryellen

Anonymous said...

I am impressed with your idea of "The Room." Here is what I know to be true:

Everything that we say, do, and think IS being recorded in Heaven in something called The Book of Life. The only way for something to be "erased" from The Book of Life is through true repentence. After TRUE repentence (after we've forsaken our sins, the Lord has forgiven us and then WE have forgiven OURSELVES) then the bad things are "blotted out" from our personal chapter in The Book of Life. And you're absolutely right: It shows the definite need for a Savior, and that ONLY through him we can return to live with our Father in Heaven.

Thank you for your post on The Room.

Kim (marygracesummons.blogspot.com) said...

thinking of you and Eva today Chrissy. Praying for you daily!
Kim