Keller, TX ~ August 7th, 2010

Keller, TX ~ August 7th, 2010
The "eight of us" together w/ our NEW babies after our losses...

Living Proof ~ June 13th, 2009 ~ Pittsburgh, PA ~ Beth Moore

Deeper Still ~ June 28th, 2008

Deeper Still ~ June 28th, 2008
The "eight of us" w/ Beth Moore (w/ empty arms)...

Monday, February 25, 2008

Praising God as I type, from HOME!

Thank you all for continuing to lift us up.

Praising God as I type, from HOME!

*****To those who didn't know...We went to our weekly appointment this morning at 11am. I was very uncomfortable all morning and had only gotten worse w/ the car ride. I inhaled a yogurt on the ride so I am sure that didn't help. As I approached the window to sign in it must have been obvious the discomfort that I was feeling so the nurse said they'd get me back as soon as possible.

Of course the waiting room was sorta full of the "happy" expecting mommies w/ their hubbies and grammies waiting for ultrasound...and the mom w/ her newly born baby girl (I do so much better seeing baby boys these days).

Again, so obvious by my facial expression the pain that I was feeling...the new mom mentioned the way I looked...then preceded to ask when I was due. I told her 5 weeks but am scheduled to deliver in 3 because Eva is lying sideways and not head down. Then I proceeded to say that we were facing even more complications than just her position and advised of the T18 diagnosis.

I tell everybody. Maybe I shouldn't but I do. I want people to realize how blessed they are to have healthy babies. To realize that we don't always get blessed w/ what we ask for nor does our plan always pan out the way we would want it to or expect it. I don't want to scare people by no means but want them to value life...every life...no matter what!

In the quick 3-minute conversation I managed to advise her how the medical staff (who she was about to see just as I was) advised me that most people terminate and that carrying to term was not the most popular decision. She was shocked. I told her, as I tell everyone, that it was not my call to be the reason for my daughter’s heart to stop. Therefore, we knew from the get-go that termination was not an option. She agreed. She said plain as day that that would not have been what God would have wanted and was completely in agreement w/ my decision. I know that I have made the right decision, it is just wonderful to hear others agree w/ God's word.

Needless to say I was in tears, which doesn't happen too too often, especially when talking to people I do not know...but lately as we approach the "end" of the pregnancy I guess things are just hitting me more than they have. I told the woman that I was just afraid that I wouldn't be able to go home today and that I was not ready for the pregnancy to be over yet. I have to say that I probably wasn't the only one choked up in that waiting room this morning.

The nurse called me to come back to an exam room as soon as she saw the tears. She put me on the monitor right away only to see that I was contracting about every 5 minutes. Again more tears! I just kept praying that God would allow us more time. More time w/ hopes to make it till March 17th. I have to say that I was even begging and pleading w/ God today. I then began to text message my 50 some prayer warriors. Vinnie questioned why I needed my cell phone and through the tears I let him know that I had to get others involved in prayer on my behalf.

The doctor came in and advised that I would be sent up to labor and delivery for more monitoring, given some fluids, meds to halt the contractions (if necessary and as long as there was no changes to my cervix) and then we would go from there. If I was dilated at all or if the fluids/meds didn't settle my uterus then it was likely that we were going to meet Eva today. Can I just say more tears...This was the doctor of my choice, the one I like the most...who smiled like he cared (I know he does) and wiped my tears from my face w/ his thumb! Too sweet!

Labor and delivery...

My cervix was checked shortly after arrival and I am pleased to say it was still long and closed! Answered prayer!!! I begged to not have to get an IV and pleaded to just be able to intake fluids on my own...yeah, that didn't happen (I hate Iv's). The resident was fearful that I would need to go back for a c-section today so an IV would be necessary, not to mention that this also meant no food. Can I just express to y'all how hungry I was!!!

So, after almost two bags of fluids and urinating 3+ time in 2-3 hours...still contracting but definitely slowed down to more like 10 minutes apart...my cervix was checked again and again, it was long and closed! PRAISE GOD! Not to mention how we (me and Eva) heard that doctor Golde was on the schedule this afternoon/evening (he is the one from a previous post who told me that if I didn't make it mid-way through my third trimester or full term that my baby was going to DIE). Therefore, I think that even if my cervix was slightly opened/dilated prior to being check it CLOSED once hearing who was on the schedule! LOL! I have said it before and I will say it again...I'd rather deliver Eva myself, in my van, on the side of the parkway, at 4am than to have Dr. Golde touch me. (I don't really mean this nor do I want this to happen...but I really don't care for this guy at all what so ever). And it's likely that Vinnie might knock him out (Vinnie has yet to meet him)!

So after 5 some hours we were homeward bound! Thank you JESUS! I couldn't wait to eat and to be in my own bed! We got home, I ate and laid down. I passed out till like 9pm tonight, hence the reason I am wide-awake now. It is obvious that I will be on my back for the next 3 weeks or as long as possible. I have a difficult time doing just that so please pray that others will somehow someway accomplish things in my household.

Vinnie has been sick for several days which dampers things a bit. Mya is coughing more and more which again doesn't help the current situation, as I can't go very far to try and stay germ free.

Adding to my prayer requests from yesterday...

Praying for Vinnie's health and Mya's too.

Praying for Mya when it comes to school. If it is not one thing it is another. Still having difficulties, which make me feel like a failing parent and as if I am doing something wrong.

Praying that our finances will remain consistent. (Being that I am on leave of absence I have just a portion of my regular pay coming in. I am thankful that it is something because something is more than nothing...but Vinnie is now laid off for at least 30 days - which could be a blessing in disguise being that he got sick the same day and I really need his help around here - but we were not expecting such to happen and I would have rather had him home closer to Eva's expected date of arrival than now - he is to be going back likely the Monday after our scheduled delivery date - but it would have been nice for the 30 days to begin the day she is born - as I said this could be a blessing in itself though).

Praying for 3 more weeks!

Praising God for Eva's rambunctious activity today! She has been constantly reminding me that she is here and doing well. Her heart rate remained regular and steady throughout the contractions and her movement is even more abundant now than ever! Loving every minute of it! I love spending quiet time w/ her right now!

I am going to lay back down. Trying to get comfortable and remain comfortable for now.

Thank you again!

Love, Chrissy

15 comments:

Alicia said...

Oh, Chrissy!! I was thrilled to get your text that you were on your way home!!! Praising God here!!!! WooHooo!! We serve a big God!!!!
I so wish I lived closer!! I would love to be able to help you. Praying for all of your requests...

Give me a call when you can...

Love ya!
Alicia

MARGARETE said...

I'm glad you got to go home. Praying everyone feels better and that the situation with school gets better.
Margarete

Angie said...

So glad you are home and well!!! God will not let Eva come until it is His timing. I think He reminded all of us of this today.

Court said...

I was so glad to read this morning that you were at home with Eva still safely in your belly! What an answer to prayer. We will continue to pray for you and Eva and the rest of the family.

boltefamily said...

God is good. I am so glad you got to come home. I will continue to pray knowing that God's timing is perfect and he will provide for your every need. Please let me know if you need anything.

Love,
Kristy

mrsrubly said...

you have a prayer warrior here in TX i have gotten here via the stanfields blog.

Laurie in Ca. said...

Home Again, Praise God for this Chrissy!!! It warms my heart to read how active and good Eva is doing with you. Enjoy every movement. Praying with you that God has 3 more weeks in His plan and if not, we know He will take care of all of you. I will be praying for people close to you to pitch in and help out with Gods love. I wish I lived closer to be of help too. Please don't worry too much about Mya and school right now. I am sure she has many concerns in her heart for your situation right now. She will catch up. Set your mind to bed rest and keeping Eva comfy. You can catch up later too.!!:)

Love and Prayers Chrissy and Vinnie,
Laurie in Ca.

Kim said...

God is hearing and answering prayers for you and Eva!
Amazing.
Kim

Roxanne said...

I am praying for you and your family Chrissy. You know to call me if I can do anything for you, right? Especially since I pass by everyday. Just let me know if you need anything.

Roxanne

Anonymous said...

Chrissy,
I was so glad to hear you were home and Eva is still doing fine inside. You are teaching us how important prayer is, and how very much we all depend on each other. Thank you for sharing so much of your life, so that now I know to be praying for your young children as well as for you and Vinnie & Eva. I think you are right to look for what is good in each thing - that Vinnie is really needed at home with you right now, for emotional and practical support, for comfort, and help with the kids. I think it's right, because I think that is how God is, knowing better than we, ourselves, know, EXACTLY what it is that we need, and I think you need what He's providing you. I will pray God continues to show Himself as dependable to you.
love, connie

JuJu - said...

You are so brave and so strong. Your choice to give Eva the opportunity to live, be held and be loved makes you are hero in my book:)

You are loved and valued too:)

Praying for you and all of your family

JUlia McKenzie:)

Mandy said...

So glad you are home, safe and sound and that little Eva is moving around alot. Madeline's activity always put my mind at rest and I could know she was still with me. Keep resting and I will be praying for you to get lots of time with your precious baby girl. God is good and He is in control. I am thinking of you.

Mandy
GA
www.madelinegracehopkins.blogspot.com

Laurie in Ca. said...

Hi Chrissy,

I'm just checking in to see how you are and to let you know prayers continue for you and Eva and your family. Get plenty of bed rest even if it drives you nuts.

Love, Laurie in Ca.

So Blessed said...

Praying for your family...

Anonymous said...

My thoughts & prayers are with you.