Keller, TX ~ August 7th, 2010

Keller, TX ~ August 7th, 2010
The "eight of us" together w/ our NEW babies after our losses...

Living Proof ~ June 13th, 2009 ~ Pittsburgh, PA ~ Beth Moore

Deeper Still ~ June 28th, 2008

Deeper Still ~ June 28th, 2008
The "eight of us" w/ Beth Moore (w/ empty arms)...

Sunday, February 24, 2008

I am such the slacker when it comes to updates!

Once again I am sorry for taking so long to post an update. I just don't feel like sitting here and typing, especially since I have been off work for so long! I have sorta gotten used to not typing...

Anyways, I want to start by thanking each and every one of you who follow us and pray for us on a regular basis. I know that God has heard your prayers because I can see them being answered.

Just about 10 days ago I posted and asked for prayer for I was super uncomfortable and in a lot of pain. Since then the pain has decreased tremendously and I am waking up less throughout the night and have been feeling less uncomfortable. It can only be due to God answering our prayers.

I have to make note of several other prayers that have been answered in the past few months.

In the beginning, as other T18 parents can relate, I was told that 90% of these pregnancies miscarry. I prayed even prior to the diagnosis that I would not miscarry and that everything would be okay. Even though (according to the doctors) things weren't/aren't okay I prayed that God would not allow me to miscarry and to allow me to carry full term. Praise God I have done just that!

Then, I had been so worried and concerned about making it beyond the 28-34 week mark (since 2 doctors had stated early on that it was likely that I would deliver between that time). At 28 weeks to the day I was admitted into the hospital and told that it was likely that I would deliver within 7 days. Well praise God!!! I will be 35 weeks tomorrow! So very thankful to have been able to come thus far and to be able to prove those doctors wrong!

Next, we have been praying for continued growth for Eva. And once again our prayers have been answered! Eva has been gaining a steady 4oz per week since December 31st. Last weeks ultrasound (2/18) showed an approximate weight for her at 3lbs 10oz! Praying that at the time of delivery (3/17) she will be at least a whopping 4lbs 10ozs or MORE!

I am sure that I have more praises to list but they are not all coming to me right now. It wasn't till tonight that I realized all to be thankful for and all to be praising God for.

I actually got out this evening and went to my bible study life group. I haven't been to a Sunday service nor life group in weeks and could physically feel the need to go. So, despite the doctors orders, I got up and out to my local Panara to meet w/ the girls! PRAISE GOD I did! Boy does just that two hour discussion completely lift me up! The girls had called me last week, with a cell phone on speaker, and left me a message to say hello and to let me know that they were thinking about me and praying for me as well. I cried! It makes one feel so special to know that they have the support of others when the devil tries to make you feel so alone! I know that I have the support of many of you all over the world but to know that I have the support of those right here in my hometown really helps too! It was at life group tonight when I came to realize all of the answered prayers over the past few months.

Now moving forward to my current prayer requests...

I am now praying to continue to make it 3 more weeks to our scheduled c-section on March 17th.

Praying that the amniotic fluid will remain at a controlled level. Last week at 34 weeks I was measuring 36. Still not too bad I guess, but praying that it hasn't and doesn't increase anymore than that. If I deliver at 38 weeks and measure 40 weeks I am thinking that my body will be able to tolerate such w/out going into labor on its own.

I am praying for Dr. Thomas (the doctor of my choice) to be able to do my surgery that day.

Praying that we can get a time slot shortly after 8am to be able to discuss our desires w/ the neonatologist prior to the surgery (being that we opted not to write a birth plan). *****Praising God that the neonatologist of our choice is also on the schedule that week and there that morning starting at 8am!*****

Praying that the surgery goes well w/ no complications and that Eva does great throughout the whole process!

Praying that Vinnie doesn't pass out!

Praying that the echo shows the valve defect to be minimal and less of a problem than the cardiologist anticipates. *****Praising God that our pediatric cardiologist is in town that day as well as in the same hospital seeing patients!*****

AND THE BIGGEST PRAYER REQUEST OF THEM ALL.....TO BE ABLE TO BRING EVA HOME!!! AND PRIOR TO EASTER AT THAT! - MAYBE?

I will be completely content if she doesn't make it home in time for Easter (but still comes home sometime thereafter).

I am completely prepared to eat Easter Sunday dinner in the hospital cafeteria, if need be!

Although, I would love more than anything to wake up Easter morning w/ ALL of my children under the same roof! Not to mention how WONDERFUL it would be to make it to Easter Sunday morning service w/ the WHOLE family as well. I know this may seem unrealistic to most and even more unrealistic to the doctors but I serve an AWESOME God, who is more powerful than anything else WHO CAN MAKE THIS HAPPEN! All of the prayer requests that I have already made that have seemed so much smaller than this have been fulfilled and answered. No reason why I can't ask for BIG now!

We have another appointment tomorrow. Will try to update shorty thereafter.

14 comments:

Emily said...

Sweet friend, He still moves stones. I brought a miracle girl home from the NICU in her Easter dress three years ago and I'm praying you soon know that joy, too. It blesses my heart to hear the joy in your words and I give God all the glory for the ordinary miracles He is constantly performing in the life of Miss Eva. Thank you for sharing your heart, your life, and your little, growing, miracle girl with us!

Rachel said...

Chrissy
Praying for your requests and especially that you get to bring Eva home for Easter. After all Easter is the day that reminds us that God has defeated death on the cross. What a blessing it will be if your little miracle is alive to celebrate that day with her family.
Rachel

Alicia said...

Chrissy,

Praying for all of your requests! I am so thankful that you were able to get out yesterday! That is wonderful! Be encouraged, my dear friend, God is in control and He is also in the "prayer answering business"! ;)

Love ya!
Alicia

Laurie in Ca. said...

It is so good to read your update and see all of the prayers that have been answered so far in your journey. Praying for all that you have requested and I know that God is right there with you every moment, giving you and Eva new strength for each day. You sound so good in your words during these tough times and it is a blessing to hear that Eva is growing, she is a miracle. Praying you through each day until you meet her on her birthday.

Love, Laurie in Ca.

Anonymous said...

praying for you, for Eva, for all of your prayer requests, and for your whole family.

Yvette said...

You HAVE made it to the end Chrissy and I am so happy for you, just one more of us T-18 moms to show these doctors that God is still in control. I am so glad you were able to get out of the house and go to your bible study, I know this had to have been so encouraging to you. It's great that Eva is continuing to gain weight. I will definitely be praying that she continues to grow healthy and strong and that you will be able to bring her home from the hospital as I completely understand the desire to have her at home with your entire family for Easter, we wanted to bring Tristan home to celebrate Christmas as a family and we made it!

Your friend, Yvette
http://tristanasher.blogspot.com

Jenny said...

I am thinking of you and your family... and praying for you too. -Jenny

Anonymous said...

I continue to pray for you. Like you said, You are not alone! God is always with you and know that many are surely praying for you and with you each day! Thankyou for continuing to praise Him throughout your days! God Bless You!

Kim (marygracesummons.blogspot.com) said...

Chrissy,
35 weeks! That's so awesome, I can still remember when we got the urgent prayer request for you when you were admitted to the hospital. I will pray for all of your requests. Kailey wrote Mya a letter and it was so sweet (I kept it) but I was worried that it would be too sad for Mya at this point. We are praying for your sweet family and you just keep on beating them odds!!
With love and prayers,
Kim

Jane said...

praying BIG for you!

Laurie in Ca. said...

Really praying for you right now as I read on Kenzie's blog that you are in the hospital today. Asking God to slow down the contractions and prepare you for His will to be perfect, whatever it may be. Praying for peace and strength and for baby
Eva to be healthy.
Love you Chrissy, Laurie in Ca.

mary40 said...

I will be praying for you and your family
Malette in ND

Kim said...

Praying for you and your Eva!

Anonymous said...

He IS an AWESOME God! And I will continue to pray for you and little Eva.