Keller, TX ~ August 7th, 2010

Keller, TX ~ August 7th, 2010
The "eight of us" together w/ our NEW babies after our losses...

Living Proof ~ June 13th, 2009 ~ Pittsburgh, PA ~ Beth Moore

Deeper Still ~ June 28th, 2008

Deeper Still ~ June 28th, 2008
The "eight of us" w/ Beth Moore (w/ empty arms)...

Saturday, February 9, 2008

Approaching 33 weeks!

Praise God that we have come this far. Please keep praying w/ us that we continue to move forward to the end of March, which is only about 6 weeks away.

Monday's echo went as good as it could, I guess. Eva's heart has continued to grow as it should and the VSD has remained the same size w/out getting any bigger. The valve defect is a different story. It has gotten worse since the last appointment 5 weeks ago and has become more of a concern to the cardiologist. The leakage is considered moderate and we will not know more on this until she is born. The doctor again does not feel that this should affect her for the remainder of the pregnancy nor cause any stress if we were to undergo a normal vaginal delivery (but due to her consistent frank breech position a c-section is very likely).

Monday's OB appointment went well. I was able to see the "good" doctor and was able to ask several more questions. I am still measuring about a week ahead which is a good thing because it can only mean that Eva is still growing. Next ultrasound will be the 18th to check her position and growth. I have been and will continue to be seen weekly until delivery. I feel (in my head) that as long as I have my appointments scheduled Eva will remain inside until she is supposed to.

Around March 3rd I will be scheduling the c-section. The doctor said we will be scheduling for 39 weeks if nothing happens before then...but my dilemma is...I hit 39 weeks the week of March 24th...our pediatric cardiologist is out of town March 19th-24th. My goal was to schedule/deliver on the 21st, being Good Friday...but w/ the cardiologist being off, as well as her back up...she said that worse case scenario I deliver while they both are out than it's likely that Eva would be transferred to our local Children's Hospital to have an echo done. Children's is not far from where we are delivering but w/ our time being critical I don't want Eva moved anywhere but to the NICU. Please pray for God's perfect timing in all of this. We know that she will be born in his time but just praying that it works out for the best w/ all medical needs being met as we would like. It seems to make more sense to me to schedule the c-section for the 17th or the 18th to guarantee seeing our pediatric cardiologist but I hate to cut Eva short of one more week inside...but I also fear that if we wait that one more week she might come inbetween, on her own, and then could need to be transfered to Children's. The 17th or 18th would work out better w/ the kids school schedules too limiting their time off being that they are scheduled to be off for the holiday from the 19th-24th.

We are still going through some difficulties w/ the kids. One week it is Mya and the next it is Dominic. I feel like their worlds are being flipped upside down and I have little to no control over the reason why. Please continue to pray for them as well as for Eva, Vinnie and I.

A few nights ago Vinnie was tucking Mya into bed when she began to cry. She then asked him if when Eva is born if she will be her sister. Vinnie assured her that Yes, Eva will be her sister when she is born...Still crying, Mya asked if Eva will still be her sister if she dies. Oh, how this breaks my heart! Of course Vinnie reassured her that Eva will ALWAYS be her sister no matter what! Please pray for Mya's heart! Her heart is aching already for this baby girl...

6 comments:

So Blessed said...

Lifting all the requests you have listed to our precious Father, who hears our prayers...

Kim (marygracesummons.blogspot.com) said...

Chrissy,
I am praying for all your needs and wants. I pray for your children's hearts too. I know how you feel right now...all the unknowns...I am praying sweet friend.
With love, Kim

Alicia said...

Chrissy,

I am also praying for you and your precious family.....Praying for God's perfect timing and for wisdom in making decisions.

Lifting you all up in prayer...

Love and prayers,
Alicia

Laurie in Ca. said...

Chrissy,

Praying for all of you during this time and asking God to continue holding Eva in His perfect time. I am praying for your kids too, I am sure this is not easy for them, but I know you and Vinnie's reassurances will see them through. Take care sweet girl.

Love, Laurie in Ca.

Anonymous said...

You are in my prayers.

Jen in Al said...

LIfting you all high! jen in al