Keller, TX ~ August 7th, 2010

Keller, TX ~ August 7th, 2010
The "eight of us" together w/ our NEW babies after our losses...

Living Proof ~ June 13th, 2009 ~ Pittsburgh, PA ~ Beth Moore

Deeper Still ~ June 28th, 2008

Deeper Still ~ June 28th, 2008
The "eight of us" w/ Beth Moore (w/ empty arms)...

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

A quick update...

We are home and doing well. Or as well as expected. I am sore, but who wouldn't be w/ 18 staples going across your lower abdomen. I have a dry raspy cough that doesn't go well w/ the above mentioned staples and a low dull back pain likely from the spinal. Please do not think at all that I am complaining. I know that these, besides the cough, are normal for going through a c-section. I don't seem to remember ANY of this from last year. Likely because I had a baby girl getting ready to leave this earth and had nothing but her on my mind. I was running, I kid you not, back and forth to the NICU and a week to the day she was born I was driving to buy Dominic cloths for his sisters funeral and to Walgreen's to pick up pictures to make a board of memories of those short but meaningful 5 1/2 days.

His name is Dante Vincent. We should have never questioned it because Dante Vincent had been set for the past 10 years but we thought we'd consider all options. He doesn't exactly look like a Dante to me but more like a Santino...but calling him Santino to his face just didn't sound right.

He is precious. And tiny. I know 8 lbs 8 oz sounds big but he had leveled off at 7 lbs 13 oz by the time we left the hospital yesterday. He hit 8 lbs 2 oz Friday at midnight and 7 lbs 13 oz Saturday and Sunday at midnight. Tomorrow is his first appointment for a weight check since I am nursing so we will see where he stands. I also will be having the 18 staples removed tomorrow. Yikes! I remember that it wasn't too bad last year but again, nothing was that bad besides my daughters condition, so I pray tomorrow is a breeze.

I thank God every minute of every day for this healthy baby boy. He is the love of my life these days and I am ever so grateful to have him in my arms. But my heart aches for my baby girl that had to leave me so soon almost a year ago.

I found myself in the wee hours of the night rocking Dante and just crying out to God to please let him stay. Please don't don't take him away too soon. Please allow us to keep him forever.

Who does that?

One who has said goodbye entirely too soon? One who knows that tomorrow is no guarantee? One who wants nothing more that to raise her children her on earth and for those children to outlive her.

Eva's first birthday is two weeks away. Dominic, Mya, Vinnie and I have started to discuss what to do. I know we will come up w/ something fit for us and perfect the whole way around. It's just hard to fathom the fact that we should have an 11 1/2 month old here in our home too.

More pictures to come...

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers, for playing the baby game and voting on his name. We cherish you all and are glad that you have continued to carry us through some of the most trying and blessed times of our lives.

13 comments:

Mamma_of _five said...

so Happy for you and your family:)
love sent from BC, Canada.

Emily said...

SO thrilled to hear from you! So excited about your sweet boy. I'm praying you're able to just breathe him and find peace and joy to make it through these coming weeks.

Alexis said...

Congratulations on the birth of little Dante! He is adorable! I've followed your story since before Eva's birth, but never commented much, so thought I would say hi.
Blessings!
Alexis

Me and my Gurl said...

Oh Chrissy,
You have been on my mind and my prayers have been with you for some time. I cannot imagine what you are going through. All I can say is Love Him. Hold Him and adore Him as he is a gift from your Heavenly Father who has intrusted you to raise this little boy to do God's work.

Who am I to say this, but I am proud of you and your family. You are human. You feel like humans. You ache like humans. But, you look to the one who created you for love, guidance and direction.

Little Dante is adorable. The staples...... Just remember to take a breath in slightly when they pull them out and maybe be chatting with the nurse to get your mind off of it. I had 24 staples I DO understand. It's no fun. Plus that cough.... Remember your pillow? It just now became your best friend. LOLOL Cuddle it to your belly to cough. I don't know if it REALLY works or if it just takes your mind off the pain for a few seconds.:)

Congratulations to all. I look forward to more beautiful pictures of Dante and the whole family enjoying the new addition.

God Bless
Sonja

Nicole said...

Love his name! It sounds so handsome. I'm glad to hear that you are all doing well; considering. Please know that you're in my continued prayers. Take good care and rest when you can.

~~Nicole

boltefamily said...

So glad that everything is going well! I will be praying for your heart over the next few weeks. Love ya!

Brandi said...

Awwww, so cute! My hasband's name is Dante and my son is Trey Dante so I am particularly fond of your choice. :)

Many prayers coming your way from NM as you rest and heal and enjoy this new sweet little boy.

Brandi

Kim (marygracesummons.blogspot.com) said...

Chrissy,
Thinking of you today and appreciate the update. Love his name! I will continue to pray for your healing......both physical and emotional as I know all the emotions that must be sweeping over you.
With love,
Kim

Alicia said...

Chrissy,
Thanks so much for the update. Glad you are both home! He is just adorable, can't wait to see more pics!
Love,
Alicia

connie said...

He is beautiful. Still praying for all these feelings in your family, the good and the painful. Dante is a lovely name.

malette-foreveryoung said...

I am glad that you are home and Dante is with you . I am praying that you will handle the next few weeks.
I am praying for you and you family.
Praying in ND

Mama10EE said...

I think he absolutely IS a Dante! What a perfect name for him. Praying that your incision will heal quickly.

Erika said...

I think he makes a perfect Dante! I'm glad that you are home and I hope that you heal quickly. Praying for you all!