Keller, TX ~ August 7th, 2010

Keller, TX ~ August 7th, 2010
The "eight of us" together w/ our NEW babies after our losses...

Living Proof ~ June 13th, 2009 ~ Pittsburgh, PA ~ Beth Moore

Deeper Still ~ June 28th, 2008

Deeper Still ~ June 28th, 2008
The "eight of us" w/ Beth Moore (w/ empty arms)...

Sunday, March 9, 2008

Trying to make this quick...

Hoping to make this a quick update...as I tend to be more and more uncomfortable these last few days.

Well, tomorrow marks one more week. I have to say that I am so very thankful for all of the prayers, as I know that I couldn't have come this far w/out them. Still praying to make it through this last week. Although I want to meet Eva so very bad I still can't say that I am ready for this pregnancy to be over quite yet. And even though I am uncomfortable I could manage to deal w/ it forever if that were even possible.

Today started out to be a crappy day. I guess I could say I was just a little emotional. I was able to pull myself together and got out to a family function to spend some quality time w/ a ton of people that I truly enjoy being around. The food was awesome and I was able to focus on other things besides the inevitable.

Tomorrow is my last OB appointment before the "big" day. I have a few questions that I am hoping to get answered which seems to be hard to do as the doctor is always so quick to be in and out.

Praying for an uneventful week. I still have yet to pack my bag...not sure if and when I will actually do it but you'd think I would have had it done back in January when we were overcome w/ the fear of delivering 12 weeks early. Maybe I'll pack it tomorrow...

So, as of tonight I do not have any different prayer requests. Just the specifics that I had posted the last time. Vinnie is feeling a lot better, although Mya is still coughing. Planning to call her doctor tomorrow to see if we should have her seen, as I do not want there to be any reason for her not be able to see Eva the day she is born.

I guess I can add the request to pray for Vinnie's job as we are unsure if and when he will actually return. Could be a blessing but we can not afford a longer gap than originally anticipated.

I am having a whole lot of back pain and struggling to cope w/ it as well as to breath. I am still measuring a week bigger which is not too bad at all. Although I am at my biggest ever in life and my body and frame is I think in a state of shock! I've made it this far and just know that I can make it one more week!

I will try to post a little more this week if not for sure before Monday morning. I have already arranged for at least 2-3 people to update for me on Monday as I know the suspense of being a blog reader waiting to hear the details on these miracle babies!

Thank you all for the continued prayers! It means the world to me!

14 comments:

Laurie in Ca. said...

Chrissy,

One more week, this is truly an answer to prayer isn't it? I am so glad you updated today. You are so faithful for other peoples needs and we really need to be constant for you now as Eva will be here soon. I am praying for all that you ask and that you all stay healthy and well. I am asking God to cover you and Vinnie with His peace in the week ahead and to help you not be anxious but hopeful and joyful. I just know she is going to be such a beautiful little girl and bless you so much. She blesses me so much to know she is being strong and growing. You are loved and being prayed for here.

Hugs and Love, Laurie in Ca.

Alicia said...

Chrissy,

God is so good. I am so thankful that you have made it this far. I am continuing to pray for you and Vinnie for peace through this journey, also for Mya and Dominic.

Love ya!

Alicia

Anxious AF said...

I pray that you have a relaxing last week being pregnant, and enjoy being with your family.

Anonymous said...

We are praying for you as time is getting closer! PRAYING for strength as you get closer to the day of delivery! PRAYING! PRAYING! PRAYING! Will be checking for more updates and hope your last week of pregnancy goes well!

Dawn Weninger
Carrington, ND

Court said...

Praying for you and rejoicing for yet another week that little Eva is still safely with you. Praying for peace in the midst of the unknown and for comfort for your physical pain.

Chelle' said...

As Beth Moore would say, "Give Him His Glory!!!" God is so good Chrissy.

I'm so glad to read how well you are holding up at this stage. I was never very good toward the end and found myself fighting the urge to complain.

I am excited to see the hand of God in Eva's arrival. I am praying for you my friend.

Should you need anything... here's my number- 412.877.4054. Please don't think twice about calling- this is what the body of Christ is all about.

I'm minutes away- even if you just need dinner. I can have Boston Market dropped off within the hour. (You don't want my cooking... really :)

Kelly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kelly said...

Hi Chrissy,

We don't know each other as I am, admittedly, a lurker here, but I just have to let you know that I am praying for you and your beautiful family. I have never been in your shoes, nor do I claim to "understand" what you are experiencing now but, I am a mom. I have suffered loss. I respect your devotion to your children and our God. You are steadfast beyond words and I pray for you daily. God doesn't protect us from loss or hurt, but He does lift us up when we fall or are broken. I pray you will have more time with your new little girl, but God will give you the perfect amount of time. We have to trust and I know you do. God is good. Thanks for telling us your story. I really hope God has in His plan for Eva to have some meaningful time on Earth with everyone, as He has already given you with her in the safety of your body. God bless and I look forward to a positive report from your appointment today and will be praying for one more precious week of safety and sanctuary for Eva!

All best,
Kelly

Emily said...

Good to hear from you! Praying for you as you enjoy these precious days with your girl. I cannot wait see her gorgeous little face. :)

boltefamily said...

Praying and thinking of you each and EVERY day!

Love,
Kristy

Anonymous said...

Chrissy, I will be praying for you and your family. I constantly check your blog to see any news on sweet baby Eva Janette. Many blessings upon you and your family!!! I can't wait to see pictures of your sweet girl.
Love,
Nicole Eaton

So Blessed said...

You are in my thoughts and prayers....

Kenzie said...

Chrissy-

Just wanted to let you knwo that I continue to pray for y'all each and every day! I know that getting down to this last week is such a blessing... and yet so scary! I am praying for so many things for you, mostly peace, joy and precious time with Eva. I look forward to hearing news... either from the blog or Connie or Angie. Just know my heart is with y'all as the time is getting so near!

Love you and praying!
Kenzie

Kelley said...

Praying for your delivery and a healthy baby girl - Kelley (friend of Emily, Cohen's mom)