Keller, TX ~ August 7th, 2010

Keller, TX ~ August 7th, 2010
The "eight of us" together w/ our NEW babies after our losses...

Living Proof ~ June 13th, 2009 ~ Pittsburgh, PA ~ Beth Moore

Deeper Still ~ June 28th, 2008

Deeper Still ~ June 28th, 2008
The "eight of us" w/ Beth Moore (w/ empty arms)...

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Update on us and a bit of someone elses story...

I've been wanting to post an update for some time now. But I find very little time to do so. When Dante sleeps, I sleep. Other than that I am holding him. I never really put him down. Not my choice, but his. I'm not complaining. Although, I feel horrible when I do try to take a few seconds to myself...to pee, eat, maybe...just maybe shower, start a load or switch a load of laundry, etc. Typing on the computer is hard to do w/ a 10 pound 6 ounce boy in your arms. Yes, I said typed that my almost 5 weeks old baby boy is a chunky monkey, porker, a tad bit beefy over 10 pounds! That said, nursing...is going extremely well, if I do say so myself.

I have tons to update on and today my not be that day. We've had an eventful past 5 weeks, obviously. I plan to update on the delivery, the two days at home, the re-admission due to the PE (pulmonary embolism aka blood clot in my lung), Eva's birthday, my visit to the ER, Eva's "Going to Heaven" day, doctor's appointments for myself and Dante, many activities w/ the our "older" children and my return to work...which was yesterday...which is, has been and eventually will be a story in and of itself .

Needless to say, it's been busy. Not too bad but very little time to blog. I try very hard to check in on everyone. It's easier to read w/ said 10 pounder in my arms than it is to type. Bare w/ me. I have intentions on saying typing more about all the things listed above. I plan to post pictures, even if the words come later.

Dante is sleeping. I need to go to lab for the second blood draw this week. PCP is trying to get INR to a therapeutic level w/ the Coumadin. I am a little tired of being a human pin cushion but after reading a newly found blog I am ever so thankful for the medical treatment I am receiving.

I'd like to bring forth the blog that I found. I am hoping that I can copy and paste the posts that I want specifically my family and friends to read...

Matt, please contact me (jane7doe7@aol.com) if my copying and pasting is not permitted by you. I will gladly remove your posts. I just know that some of my family will not know how or bother to take the time to go over to your blog...therefore, I'm inserting it here:

(side note - because I am attentive to detail and always analyze everything - while reading the below - please realize that this all took place last year - 2008 - March)

update - 7:15pm.

well…

after an uneventful weekend.

we had a rather eventful monday.

as the previous photo indicated…

madeline decided to make her first appearance today.

here are some photos and a nice story…



baby’s heart rate dropped around 3:30am.

everyone was concerned.

dr. stopped by in the morning.

and said that it may be best to have madeline come out and play.

dr. nelson came a bit later and agreed.

so we were given 2 hours notice.

(9:30am).



we waited.

and made a lot of phone calls.

and sent a few e-mails.

anya came immediately.

grandparents booked flights (again).

around 11:30am liz took a little ride.

to the delivery room.

anya and i followed behind.

liz went with the doctors.

anya went to the waiting room.

i got dressed in my “daddy suit.”



(said to myself…”holy shit. this is really happening.”)

i waited in the hallway.



…and waited…



liz also waited.



i came in to the delivery room.

then the doctors started working…



and a little while later…



madeline met mom.

mom met madeline.

i cried a little.

cleaned up my act.

cut the cord.

and took a nice close-up of baby.



madeline took a little trip to the nicu.

mom took a nap.

i paced.



anya did some liz babysitting.

i found my way in to the nicu.

and hung out with our baby.



i left after about 30 mins.

gave momma a report.

went to lunch with anya.

relaxed for a few minutes.

and went in for another visit with madeline.



doctors say everthing is good.

madeline is sucking in a little extra oxygen for a few days.

she may stay in the hospital for a little while.

just so we have enough time…

to get her room ready.

oh yeah…the important stuff.

madeline was born

at 11:56 am (march 24, 2008).

at a bruising 3 pounds, 13.5 ounces.

17.25 inches long.

(almost as tall as her mom at age 30).

kidding of course,

but liz is really short.

and baby is really long.

we’ve been joking over the past few days…

if madeline gets daddy’s height and mommy’s looks,

everything will be okay.

if it goes the other way

she’s in trouble.

thankfully she’s long…

and beautiful.

thanks to everyone.

the visitors.

the callers.

the writers.

the silent web page readers.

we appreciate the support more than you know.

the proud parents will continue to update everyone on our beautiful baby.

look forward to even more good news.

(i know we will).



Posted in baby.

By matt
3/24/2008 43 comments

liz



7.5 months., originally uploaded by mattlogelin.

Logelin, Elizabeth Ann “Liz” Was born September 1977 in Minneapolis, MN and was abruptly taken from our lives on March 25, 2008. Her joyful spirit and infectious smile touched everyone she met. Liz didn’t just enter a room; she lit up a room. Her boundless energy was inspiring to all, and her love was truly a blessing. She had a way of extracting a stranger’s life story within minutes, and welcoming them into her heart. With Blackberry in hand, and a lot of spunk, she met both personal and professional challenges head-on. Although small in stature, her impact on the world was immeasurable.

Liz spent the last months of her life devoted to her husband, her unborn daughter and the family they dreamed of having. She is survived by her loving husband, Matt; and her precious daughter, Madeline, born on March 24, 2008.

She is also survived by parents, Candee and Tom Goodman; and sister, Debbie; as well as many friends and family around the world.

A memorial service will be at Cabot and Sons, 27 Chestnut Street, Pasadena, CA 91103 on Saturday, March 29 at 1 PM. (626) 793-7159.

Memorial contributions may be made to The Logelin Family Memorial, care of: Wells Fargo, 3250 Glendale Blvd, Los Angeles CA 90039 or any Wells Fargo Bank branch. (323) 663-8023

Posted in liz.

By matt 3/28/2008 46 comments

what happened?



i’ve been hearing

that question

a lot.

so…

for those of you

who don’t know

here goes…

5 weeks of bedrest.

(2 at home, 3 in the hospital).

liz had low amniotic fluid.

baby had her cord around her neck.

baby’s heart rate dropped

(multiple times).

liz almost delivered

(multiple times).

the day finally came

(3/24).

madeline was born via c-section.

everyone was happy

and healthy.

liz was told

to hang out in bed

for another 24 hours

and then she was going to

see madeline.

she waited patiently

hearing stories

and seeing photos

of me

feeding and changing

madeline’s diapers.

(she was soooo jealous and i teased her mercilessly that i was 1, 2, 3 diapers ahead of her and that she had to catch up).

24 hours came

and she got ready

to lay her hands

on madeline

for the very

first

time.

she got up from bed

(with the help of some nurses and me).

we joked about her new-found independence.

i told her that she

had to start waiting on me

because i’d been waiting on her

for 5 weeks.

she laughed,

and said,

“of course.”

she walked to the mirror

and said,

“my hair looks like shit.”

we all laughed

(because her hair looked great, especially for someone who’d been on bed rest for 5 weeks).

the nurse said,

“are you ready to go?”

she said,

“yes.”

her excitement

was overflowing.

she turned around

to sit in her wheelchair

for her ride to see

madeline.

she said,

“i feel lightheaded”

and then she passed out.

we got her in to

her hospital bed.

doctors and nurses

rushed to help her.

but nothing could be done

to bring her

back.

no one to blame.

shitty luck

and

a pulmonary embolism

are what led us to

the saddest,

most horrific moment

of my life.

(and many other people’s lives).

Posted in baby.

By matt
4/13/2008 303 comments

More to come...from me...on my outlook on this...no words for now...I just have no words.....

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Madeline just turned one on March 24th.

I found his blog a while back. What a remarkable man he is.