Keller, TX ~ August 7th, 2010

Keller, TX ~ August 7th, 2010
The "eight of us" together w/ our NEW babies after our losses...

Living Proof ~ June 13th, 2009 ~ Pittsburgh, PA ~ Beth Moore

Deeper Still ~ June 28th, 2008

Deeper Still ~ June 28th, 2008
The "eight of us" w/ Beth Moore (w/ empty arms)...

Thursday, May 1, 2008

Thank you...and...Playing Catch Up

(F)orever (R)elying (O)n (G)od!


Thank you for the prayers lifted up on my dads behalf. His surgery went well and he is home resting. As you can probably tell I was not able to blog while waiting for him. I was able to get a signal but could not access any pages. So I uploaded pics, read a new book, made a few calls and thought about Eva the entire time we were there. For whatever reason Mondays and Thursdays are tough for me. I miss her so much and the pain is sometimes unbearable. It made he think about all the appointments that I would have w/ her if she were still here. All the appointments that I so very much wanted to attend and anticipated...

I was going to wait to share this but why wait...This is one of the very few clips we have of Eva while in the NICU. I knew I had this clip but never watched it until two nights ago. And even then I showed it to Vinnie first thru the camera. It was when he said "did you see this" that I opened it on the PC and about fell off the edge of the bed. I didn't know it was to this extent. It may look like nothing to you...but it means the WORLD to me! And it made my day, night, week, month, year! (might be hard to see...but the focus would be on her eyes and the binky).


Okay, let me try and catch up...

Wednesday, April 23 - Eva's 1st month in Heaven...

I thought this day would be hard...I thought it'd be much harder than it actually was. It really wasn't hard at all. I didn't plan anything for that day "just in case". We didn't do too much besides went to the cemetery and gave Eva a little "makeover". We were pleased w/ the results of Eva's Extreme Makeover...

BEFORE

AFTER

Yes, we tend to make ourselves a little comfy...(those would he his shoes and socks in the background)

I like sky shots these days...



A storm appeared to be brewing...


Pinwheels, pinwheels spinning around...


Afterwards, we met up w/ my friend M and her son C for ice cream. It was nice to hang out in the parking lot as well as in the candy store. The yummiest was the chocolate dipped marshmallows on a stick...and even our dogs made out! :)

I know...it looks a little gross...but it wasn't!

They weren't too sure what to do w/ these...

Later that night I ended up in the basement for a while trying to organize my maternity clothes. I didn't realize how much I had until then. WOW! Craig's List sure did come in handy this time around! I may have spent a total of $150 and oh my do I have a lot (8 pairs of jeans, 30 some shirts, several sweaters, dress shirts, dress pants, etc). And being on bed rest the last 10-12 weeks...lets just say many things were never even worn. But I have so much to either resell, lend out, give away or save for the future...I still have clothes from Dominic and Mya's pregnancies too which added to the mess...needless to say I am not quite finished organizing.

Thursday, April 24


My mom had called a little after noon and left a message stating that she and her friend CK we going to lunch. I wasn't ready (cause I was still in bed) but decided that I'd try to make it anyways and got up. (CK had lost her 17 yr old daughter AK in January 2007. AK was walking home from a friends house when a drunk driver-junky jumped the curb in a truck or van and slammed right into her pinning her between the vehicle and a building. This was CK's only living child...CK had delivered twins girls (AK & CK) but lost (CK) at birth...AK was her one and only baby girl left). My reason for going into that detail here is because I felt the need that day to see CK and to talk w/ her and to give her a hug. If anyone knows this pain...she would (and it turns out that she was having a difficult day).

I missed lunch but met up w/ them at the store across the street. From there they were going to visit AK at the cemetery, the same cemetery where my grandfather is. I went w/ them and placed some flowers w/ AK...the ones we removed from Eva the night before.

When standing over my pap pap there was a women standing right next to him visiting both of her parents. One passed in October, the other in December...they were both in their 90's. How blessed they all were...to have their parents that long, to have been married 68 some years and to have them not be able to live w/out one another and to be reunited w/ each other in Heaven so soon. God is good! I stood and spoke to this women for what seemed like a hour...we talked about my kids, her kids and life. She is a home health nurse so we even talked about medical stuff too. We hugged as we departed and I left smiling and happy to have met someone so nice and caring.

We had soccer practice later that night, met w/ my friend M and her son C again at the field. Dominic and C played kickball w/ a ton of kids, rode bikes and played while Mya practiced. We got fast food after and came home having had a great day.
Friday, April 25

I went to my office downtown for a co-workers baby shower. It was nice to be in the work setting w/out having to actually work...sorry R...I'll be back some day! lol
Cake was great, vanilla ice cream is boring...and my sushi place was sold out! Vinnie had dropped me off to get back to get the kids after school so I took a bus home. I was able to see a couple of bus friends that I hadn't seen in a few months so that was nice as well.

Vinnie and the kids got me from the bus stop, we stopped to grab chips to go w/ my dip I made (Vinnie actually made it) and went to the cemetery before heading to my friend T's son C's 2nd b-day party. We had a great night celebrating and eating w/ friends and got home late.
Again, we get comfy...
And some of us like to pose...

I wasn't mad...just didn't know I was being photographed at that very moment...

Not sure...don't ask! Can we say...class clown? Better yet, DORK!
How cool are these...
I set the camera on the stone in front of Eva...zoomed in...set the timer...and ran!
Mya did this one...(setting the timer that is).

Not sure again...
My pretty pretty princess shining through...
C's b-day party...how cute is he?


This was my..."I'm ready when you are Vinnie" face...it was late!


Saturday, April 26 - One month since we buried Eva
To be continued...(I'm beat)!

9 comments:

Alicia said...

Chrissy,

So glad surgery went well. Love all of the pictures!!! Thanks for sharing. The video clip is just adorable and amazing...Eva, what a blessing you are...your memory will live on!!

Will continue to pray for you and your precious family.

Love ya!

Alicia

I am Heather...creator of all things crafty! said...

Love the pics. Especially the family shot. Also, whereever did you get such a beautiful necklace (wink, wink)

Heather Rice

boltefamily said...

Thanks for catching us up! I had been checking on you and hoping all was ok. Great pictures! I am glad things are going ok and that your dad is doing well! Still praying!

Love,
Kristy

The VW's said...

Glad that your dad's surgery went well!

Thanks for sharing the clips and pictures! What a precious clip to have of Eva! What a beautiful and sweet baby! I love that you visit her grave site so often and I love the pictures that you take of the sky!

May God Bless your adorable family!

Laurie in Ca. said...

Sending Love and Hugs to you today Chrissy. These photos are great and I especially the most love the last one of you with your necklace. There is such peace on your beautiful face girl. I am praying that you have an amazing weekend with your family and that much joy comes to you in the simple things.

Love, Laurie in Ca.

Steve+Marie Douglas said...

My daughter & I saw these pictures. I think they are so loving. I need to find out where you got the daughter/sister ones?!! I gotta try to get some that say brother/son for Elijah.
Steve & I went to the cemetary & are having a hard time choosing a spot!! I showed him Eva's pictures and he said he love how you have decorated for her. THATS HOW WE WANT ELIJAH'S TO LOOK :)
PRAYING FOR YOU & YOUR FAMILY; FOR PEACE & STRENGTH TO ENDURE AND CHERISH & HONOR HER!!!
LOVE THE DOUGLAS FAMILY

Magoon Family said...

Glad your dad is doing well and that you did alright with the 1 month marker of Eva's passing. Those pictures are great and I really like the clip you posted. Thank you for continuing to share your life with us.

Kim (marygracesummons.blogspot.com) said...

Thanks for the update. The video is precious, I am so glad you will have that forever. Glad your Dad is doing well. I am praying for you and your family.
With love,
Kim

Pauline said...

What great pictures. How blessed you truly are.
I have a question for you ... are you allowed to leave all the stuff on Eva's grave? Where my cousin is buried they remove the stuff weekly and it always makes me sad to see it go so quick.
Keep smilin you look good.