Keller, TX ~ August 7th, 2010

Keller, TX ~ August 7th, 2010
The "eight of us" together w/ our NEW babies after our losses...

Living Proof ~ June 13th, 2009 ~ Pittsburgh, PA ~ Beth Moore

Deeper Still ~ June 28th, 2008

Deeper Still ~ June 28th, 2008
The "eight of us" w/ Beth Moore (w/ empty arms)...

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Wake up...and smell the roses...

I know that I have been posting a lot less lately and I have a lot of catching up to do but I am not going to do that right now. I sometimes just don't feel like sitting here and typing the day away. If I could speak my way thru a post I would do it all the time. Those who know me...know I can talk...a little too much I guess! :) (Sorry Kristy and Alicia! - Believe it or not I spoke to each of you for 111 minutes the other day!)

I wanted to say Happy Mother's Day to all of my Mommy friends...near and far...new and old! You all mean a lot to me and have help me get through each and every day of this new life I am living.

Happy Mother's Day to you MOM and Grandma too! I love you both more than you may ever know.

I slept in very late today...3:50pm to be exact. I may have been up off and on throughout the morning but didn't really get up up until then. So, yes, needless to say...I missed church, again.

I am supposed to be getting showered and dressed and ready to go to our friend's house (although I did manage to get to the grocery store already to buy the "Penguin Game Essentials" for Vinnie) but I jumped on here to read my "blogger families" updates.

I came across a post of Kristy's that I wanted to share...

http://www.heirloomroses.com/

Their roses are amazing!

As you all know...Eva's name means LIFE. I did a search for life on the website and this was one of the four results...

It's called...Good Life!



I fell in love!

It is beautiful and unique...just as Eva is.

(A lovely exhibition formed rose. Its unusual color is an apricot orange with dark veining in the petals making it very unique. A vigorous, upright plant with rich green foliage.)

I showed it to Vinnie...and he too agreed.

We can't plant them at the cemetery cause of the bunnies or whatever animal that has eaten or other roses but we can get them to plant them here...either along the side of the house or in the wonderful angel planters that we had at the funeral home.





Either way I am excited.

Thank you for sharing Kristy!

11 comments:

Jessica said...

prayers for you today.

boltefamily said...

Thinking of you tonight Chrissy as you celebrate your first Mother's Day as a mommy of three. I am glad you found a perfect rose bush! I just LOVE that company! Such a beautiful reminder! Please know that do enjoy talking with you on the phone. Also...as a side note if you are using up your Criket minutes let me know...we have unlimited long distance so I can ALWAYS call you right back!

Much Love,
Kristy

Corie said...

Happy Mothers Day! Sending you a hug

Just Me said...

Happy Mother's Day! Praying for you and all the mom's who were missing their babies today.
Take care,
Amanda

Betsy McK said...

Just perfect!!!

amanda said...

Happy Mother's Day to you-I hope you had a wonderful day, and the rose is beautiful!

Kim (marygracesummons.blogspot.com) said...

Chrissy,
Thanks for commenting to me yesterday. I thought of you and prayed for all of us this year. You are a wonderful mother of 3 precious children. I hope your day was blessed. Eva is a blessing to so many!
With love,
Kim

Kim (marygracesummons.blogspot.com) said...

Chrissy,
Thanks for commenting to me yesterday. I thought of you and prayed for all of us this year. You are a wonderful mother of 3 precious children. I hope your day was blessed. Eva is a blessing to so many!
With love,
Kim

Cathy said...

Kristy,
Happy Mother's Day to your beautiful family. You are such a precious mommy. I think of you so often and pray for Eva and your heart. CAthy & Annabel

Tabitha said...

The rose is just beautiful and they will look gorgeous in the angel planters.
love and hugs, Tabitha XX

Suzie said...

Soo sorry I am late...But better late than never, right? I hope you had a amazing Mother's Day! Thinking of you daily. **hugs**
Love, Suzie