Keller, TX ~ August 7th, 2010

Keller, TX ~ August 7th, 2010
The "eight of us" together w/ our NEW babies after our losses...

Living Proof ~ June 13th, 2009 ~ Pittsburgh, PA ~ Beth Moore

Deeper Still ~ June 28th, 2008

Deeper Still ~ June 28th, 2008
The "eight of us" w/ Beth Moore (w/ empty arms)...

Thursday, January 17, 2008

WAHOO! Another Answered Prayer!

I just got the call from the doctor’s office w/ the results from yesterday's glucose tolerance test.....NORMAL!!!

The results are NORMAL!!!!!

Some might think that I am slightly over reacting w/ this test because in "normal" pregnancies gestational diabetes is not a major issue...but when the pregnancy is nothing but "normal" everything is a little more complicated.

So, in receiving the good news I am ecstatic...not to mention super happy that I can continue my normal eating habits...which consists of lots and lots of pasta (we're an Italian family, what do you expect), breads and potatoes...and the wonderful creamy fudge ice cream cake, banana split and fried ice cream from the ever so famous King's Family Restaurant!

Can you tell the excitement???

I called Vinnie to tell him about the results. He missed my call (as he is the only one working these days) and called me back a few minutes later. I told him the results; he asked what that meant... (guys have no clue)... he said "Good, finally some good news!" I said "No, let’s call it an answered prayer!" And he agreed!

WE THANK YOU LORD!

8 comments:

Laurie in Ca. said...

Great News Chrissy, really good to hear the excitement in your words. Hey, I really like the "diet" you are on:) Sounds so good!! I am so thankful for the answers to prayers and that things turned around for you right now. Prayers are continuing here for you, Vinnie, Eva and the kids. And you are right, guys don't really have a clue until you explain in detail. Have a great evening and rest in your good news. You have earned it.

Love, Laurie in Ca.

Kim (marygracesummons.blogspot.com) said...

Chrissy,
Thank you for your prayers - I continue to lift you and Eva up every day. Any good news is so helpful during the difficulty of this.
Thinking of you...
Kim

So Blessed said...

An answered prayer, indeed...thanks be to God. Prayers continue for all of you.

Anonymous said...

Chrissy,

What great news, and I'm happy to know you & Eva can continue enjoying the perks of pregnancy-I bet her favorite is the creamy fudge ice-cream cake;)

Praying for continued answered prayers whatever they might be,
amanda in MB, SC

Laurie in Ca. said...

Just thinking about you this Sunday and praying everything continues to go smoothly for you and Eva. Praying for you daily as God brings you through to this little girls birthday. Take care and get plenty of rest Chrissy, you are loved.

Laurie in Ca.

Emily said...

EVERY good test result is a blessing from above! It makes me smile to imagine Eva enjoying such good food with her mommy. :) Know we are praying for you and anticipating miracles.

Jane said...

I used to live in The Burgh...is King's down on 19?

Found your blog through a chain of prayer request. Know that I am praying for you in SC!

boltefamily said...

Congrats on your glucose test! I passed mine too! I have been praying for your family. I am sorry I haven't been in touch. I didn't get your email until we got back last week and I am struggling most days right now just to get through the day. Trying to stay focused but my heart is aching as I should be preparing a nursery...I am sure you understand.